// Part Twenty-One //

Becky
"Why can't I?"

"Because it's too messy, it's too complicated. I'm dangerous...I'm still a damn vampire even if you do love me. How could you love me after everything my family did to yours, how could you love me knowing what they did! I could've warned you, I could've saved you but I didn't!"

I had to look away from him, I turned to the dark city and I saw just a glint of the moon. I'm not ready to die again, I want to stay here, I want to be loved by Colby but I can't...he doesn't deserve this. I'm a mess, a dangerous mess. Who knows if Uther will ever be let back through the Vale but I don't want to be the one responsible for it if he does. I don't want Colby to have to watch me die again because I don't think either of us could really take it.

"I don't care about any of that now, it was years ago, we were kids! Please Becky, I love you...I'm ready to do this, I'm ready to give up my job if it means I can be with you..."

"Would you really give up everything for me?"

She finally made eye contact and I could see how glossy her eyes looked, almost as if she was trying her hardest to hold back any tears. She started to scratch her arm nervously as she waited for my answer.

"I would do anything, anything because I love you. Becky when you came into my life something changed and until that day where I lost you I didn't know what had changed, but now I do. I'd finally found the person that I'd love forever, the person who I was supposed to spend my life with...I've made some bad decisions on the way here but Becky please when I say this I mean it wholeheartedly, I love you with every fibre of my being. You are my everything and without you, my world crumbles."

"Colby...Colby...I love you too and I'm so sorry for it."

"Don't be, please Becky is there any way you can stay here."

Suddenly it popped into my head, the book said I've got to kiss my love...I've got to kiss Colby.

"I do know a way."

I stood up from the ledge and I took a step forwards towards Colby, I enveloped his warm hands with my ice cold ones, intertwining our fingers together.

"Before I must say something, being in that Vale all alone without you was so difficult, knowing probably the guilt you were feeling, knowing that the image of my being burned alive was probably on repeat in your mind was killing me. I just wanted to be there, just to tell you that everything was okay, that I loved you too, that I was sorry. Colby I love you and I'll treasure every day because we never know what the next day might bring..."

Colby broke our hands apart and placed his warm hand to my skin, he wrapped his hand around the back of my neck and his other hand found its way around my waist. I stood on my tippy toes and I pressed a kiss to his lips, as soon as he kissed back I couldn't help but smile into it. Nothing I said just now was a lie, I meant every word because I want to spend the rest of my life with this incredible man...I just hope things will all be perfect, I know they won't be but I can hope. We barely even disconnected, Colby broke the kiss slightly as he leant his forehead on mine.

"Whatever the day brings, we'll face it together. From now on, it's me and you Becks against the world and honestly.I wouldn't ask for it, any other way."

A/N: This has been honestly one of the best books for me, it's been so much fun to do and it hasn't covered as many deep topics as my other books. It's been really refreshing to write this book and thank you all so so much for the support!!