A book : Saya

15th December 2019
Jakarta

Her favorite foods are simple, it was chilly potatos and sushi. Her friends thought it was a weird combination, especially since the two were dishes from different countries.

She had bought home some sushi and a cup of cold coffee from Starbucks, a privilege from her well paying job.

Her life had been good, maybe not as good as she had wanted it to be but she was grateful anyways, or so she thinks.

Opening the door to the small but comfortable apartment was a bliss everyday, but she had thought it would be better if everyone stops sending her hints of worry in their voices when they talked to her.

"thats why i live alone"

The fact that everyone around her knew who her soulmate is had made her regret ever realising who he is.

Her hands had made it to the kitchen counter as she grabbed a favorite cup she had used since her childhood, it had nothing special on it except for the engraving on the inside of the handle.

She had poured the coffee into her cup with a little smile on her face.

She became a bit happier.

............

16th December 2019.
Jakarta.

"hemmmm..... I think this is good enough! I'll ask my coworkers to review it as well but i think the draft is good enough as it is. There's not much of a mistakes. "

The busy cafe had disturbed her a little as she listened to her editor talk about the draft she had wrote not to long ago. Mama is her best friend and her editor, her sweet laugh and easygoing attitude had made her mental heath a bit easier to control. Though her panicky nature has a funny twist to things.

"im glad. Im thinking of quitting this genre for a while and starts a book about adventure instead since its selling pretty well. What do you think? "

"no. Absolutely not okay? Your fans have increased over the last 2 years and you love this genre. "

"i.... I do love this genre, and i love writing it even more. But i felt like I've betrayed my fans because i don't believe in what i write anymore. "

"no, you do believe in it. If you don't then why did you even wrote "that" book? I know its hard, believe me, even if im the only one to know how hard it is, i know and i understand how you feel. But being swallowed by depression isn't an answer to your problems. "

Her heart had begin to race and the walls she had desperately build around her for the past week had almost collapsed.

Her tears had fallen on her face.

"then how? I don't want to believe anymore..... Im tired of being alone and desperate. Im tired of seeing the people around me sad because of my situation that i can't even help with I'm tired of running into them. Im tired of writing my feelings just hoping that person would realise just by reading it. And i don't even know how would he even came across my books. "

"then don't wait saya. Why would you wait for him? The people around you wasn't sad because of your situation but because of your feelings. Fate isn't there to be forced. Just focus on yourself and your life. You can still live without him can't you? That person or the tattoo on your arm doesn't define your whole life."

Maybe her words got stuck in her throat like that, the reality had hit her better than she hoped, she had consciously relied on her sadness and soulmate to define why she wrote her books, the books had no ending because she was afraid that her ending wasn't gonna be as nice as the endings she wrote.

"but then again if you really want to why don't you go to korea? "

The smile on her face had become bitter.

"then what? Come to his label building and be labeled as a crazy fan? No thanks "

"thats.. Right i guess. But, can't you show your tattoo to them?"

"Im afraid of getting rejected"

As she hugged her arm, a bitter frown showing.

Mala had on a little smile to make her first friend feel better, the thought of seeing her friend suffering like this was painful, but she had to try to fight alone, for her own mental health.

"why don't you visit your parents? Im sure you'll feel better. And you love the countryside too"

"that's actually a good idea."

"then go. Maybe you can have a trip to papua like you always wanted after that."

"maybe... "

The day had ended with a cup of tea at her bedside.

Her smile got wider just a little at the thought of her friend.
.
.
.

"loving and being loved are different and yet the same" -Author

"just like you cannot receive love if you don't love, you cannot love others if you don't love yourself "-Author
.
.
.
.
Hi, thanks for loving this book!
Its gonna be a little of a long ride before before they meet so be patient okay?