Wait Wait!

Your POV: 

We were all riding in silence on our horses. Mine and Gandalf were bigger than the others since we are taller than the dwarves. My horse is a deep black with a pure white stripe down it's nose it's called Nightshade after the poisonous plant. Don't ask I know it's strange to name a gentle horse after a deadly plant but I did so deal with it.

Soon the silence was broken by Ori who said "Do you think he'll come?" We all looked at him confused. 

"Who'll come?" Nori replied.

"Bilbo."

Thorin at the front then spoke "I bet 30 coins that the grocer will stay home and sleep all day."

"Well I bet 60 coins that he comes running after us." I said. Everyone looked at me confused at why I would think that. It may or may not have been because my elf ears detected a faint shout of "I'm going on an adventure."

We ended up all betting on whether or not he would come the majority of our number bet he wouldn't come but some of us bet he would. The people who didn't think he would was Thorin, Dwalin, Balin Dori, Nori, Bifur, Oin and Gloin. The people that bet he would come were me, Gandalf, Fili, Kili, Ori, Bofur and Bombur.

After a few moments we heard shouts from behind us. "WAIT, WAIT!" I smirked as just as I said Bilbo came running after us.

All of us slowed our horses down to a stop as Bilbo came over holding the contract. "I signed it." Balin took the contract from Bilbo's hand before saying, "everything seems to be in order. Welcome master Baggins, to the company of Thorin Oakensheild." The group chuckled and Thorin then said "Give him a pony"

Bilbo looked scared for a moment and said "No no no no, that won't be necessary. I can keep up on foot." But then Fili and Kili grabbed him under his arms and lifted him onto the pony. 

I then shouted towards the front of the group "COME ON THORIN PAY UP!"

Thorin huffed and threw back a bag of coins which I caught easily. Quickly everyone that had bet Bilbo would come had a bag of gold thrown at them before we continued to move on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I was riding Kili came up next to me on his horse and spoke. "Not to be rude or anything but what are you?"

I chuckled and replied "I'm half dwarf half elf." I moved my hair to behind my ears so that he could see my elf ears.

"Oh, how come Thorin seems protective over you I thought he didn't like elves?' he said looking up at me.

"Basically I used to live in mirkwood with my half brother and step father but one day I suppose I got lost in the woods somehow and was found by Thorin and Dwalin. So Dwalin basically adopted me and he and Thorin trained me." I explained looking down into Kili's eyes.

He nodded and we fell into silence. 

After a while I found me Fili and Kili were all riding at the back. "Hey do you boys like doing tricks." I asked a mischievous glint in my eye.

They both glanced at me before Kili replied "Yes. Why? What are you planning?"

"Nothing at the moment but we definitely should play a prank on Thorin."

Fili looked worried and said "I don't know, he might get mad at us." 

I raised my eyebrows at him as if to tell him to stop being boring. "Oh come onnn. We just need to make sure he's in a good mood when we do it."

Both boys then smiled and nodded mischievously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kili's POV:

During the ride (Y/n) talked with me and Fili about the countless pranks we could play on Thorin. (Y/n) although she is very beautiful has an amazing personality she is feisty, which isn't surprising since Dwalin's her dad, she is also very mischievous. What if she was my one. I don't know but maybe I'll talk to Thorin or Balin about it later, I trust their advice and also they won't tease me. Hopefully. 

Your POV:

Soon we found somewhere to make camp for the night and most of the dwarves fell asleep. I was sitting in between Fili and Kili with my head on Kili's shoulder. Being near him made me feel happy and gave me a sort of tingling feeling but I tried to ignore it. Fili was smirking at the way we were positioned so I gave him a quick glare causing him to look away.

A loud screech was heard and Bilbo looked up in fright. "What was that?"

Me, Fili and Kili all looked at each other smirking before Fili said "Orcs"

Bilbo looked shocked "Orcs?"

Thorin sat up from where he was sitting.

"Throat cutters, there'll be dozens of them out there. The low lands are crawling with them." I said.

Kili then joins in saying "They strike in the wee small hours when everyone's asleep. Quick and quiet no screams just lots of blood."

Bilbo looked away and we dropped our serious expressions and chuckled."You think that's funny?" We looked up startled to see Thorin glaring at us. "You think a night raid by orcs is a joke."

We all looked down and Kili said quietly "We didn't mean anything by it."

Thorin glared at us harshly and said "No you didn't. You know nothing of the world."

I placed my hand on Kili's arm knowing that he wanted to impress his uncle so this was worse for him.

Balin then walked over and said "Don't mind him laddie. Thorin has more cause than most to hate the orcs. After the dragon took the lonely mountain King Thror tried to reclaim the ancient dwarf kingdom of Moria. But our enemy had got there first. Moria had been taken by legions of orcs led by the most vile of all their race, Azog the defiler. The giant gundabad orc had sworn to wipe out the line of Durin. He began by beheading the king. Thrain, Thorins father, was driven mad by grief and went missing, taken prisoner or killed we did not know. We were leaderless, defeat and death were upon us. That is when I saw him, a young dwarf prince facing down the pale orc. He stood alone against this terrible foe. His armour rent wielding nothing but an oaken branch as a shield. Azog the defiler learned that day that the line of Durin would not be so easily broken. Our forces rallied and drove the orcs back. Our enemy had been defeated. But there was no feast nor song that night, for our dead were beyond the count of death. We few had survived. And I thought to myself then, there is one who I could follow. There is one who I could call king."

We all looked up at Thorin in awe as he turned to face us. All the dwarves had woken up by now and were gathered around us. Then Bilbo spoke "The pale orc, what happened to him?"

Thorin walked towards us and said "Slunk back to the hole whence he came. That filth died of his wounds long ago." As he said this though I swore I saw Gandalf frown slightly as if he knew something we didn't.