Chapter 12

"Yo! Dimitry!" Sofia just about jumped a foot in the air when Dimitry's bedroom door slammed open, revealing Austin and Benjamin, whose eyes go wide at the sight of Dimitry and Sofia laying in bed, watching a movie with a bowl of popcorn between them. "Yes?" Dimitry asked calmly, causing Sofia to grin as he places a piece of popcorn in his mouth, staring at his friends like they lost their minds. "We have been calling for three hours!" Sofia bit back a laugh when Dimitry reached over to the night stand, wiping his hand on a napkin they still had from the pizza before turning on his phone. "Oh, sorry." He shrugs before settling next to a grinning Sofia again. "Hey baby." Benjamin smiled at Sofia who returned the gesture moving onto her knees to give him a hug. "Did you guys really have to break down the door?" She asks moving back to her spot next to Dimitry, who had a small frown on his face. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." Benjamin grins, while Austin just awkwardly stood at the foot of the bed. "As you can see, I am quite content, and quite fine, you may go." Dimitry stated, a slight edge to his voice as he stared at Benjamin and Austin. "You have been avoiding us the entire week." Austin states, while Sofia tried to hide how awkward she felt, it felt like she was intruding into a private conversation. "I'll go get some water." She stated softly but Dimitry took hold of her hand, causing her to stop her movements. "I appreciate you guys coming over, but I am not in the mood for drinks, I'd rather just stay here." Sofia bit her lip as she stared at her hand that was interlaced with Dimitry's, not knowing what to say as she felt Benjamin and Austin stare between the two of them. "Okay, we'll see you tomorrow then? If you're up for it?" Benjamin asks realising Dimitry didn't have patience for them today. "I'll let you know." Dimitry nodded his head, watching with slightly narrowed eyes as Benjamin leaned down, placing a kiss on Sofia's cheek. "Does Hails know where you are?" "Yeah, she brought me." "You need a ride home?" He asks, knowing she was going to say no, but it was his job to ask. "I'm good right here thanks." Sofia grinned, making Benjamin laugh softly. "Okay, and I talked to Mama, she said Celeste changed something about the wedding, seems I will be walking you down the aisle." "Oh is that so? Why didn't my mom call me?" "Because unlike you, I answer my phone, and I call home. Chase needs you to look over a few things, said he'll email it to you, and your dad said hi." Benjamin grinned, causing Sofia to laugh softly. "I'll call mama tomorrow, thank you." Benjamin sent her a wink before nodding at Dimitry, walking out of the room. Leaving Austin, once again Sofia felt like she was intruding as Austin stared at Dimitry with a deep frown. "I have been coming by everyday, Owen said you're not letting anyone in." "I'm not." Sofia watched as Austin's eyes flickered to her before returning to Dimitry, but Dimitry didn't say anything as he stared at his friend. "I'll call you tomorrow." Austin, admitting defeat muttered before turning on his heel walking out of the bedroom, the door shutting loudly behind him. "He seemed upset." Sofia stated softly, and Dimitry nodded his head. "He gets upset quickly, but he gets over it just as quick." "I didn't come here to upset your friends." "I know, but I want you here for as long as you are willing to stay." Sofia stared into his dark eyes, not a trace of uncertainty shone in them as he looked at her, which caused her heartbeat to speed up at what might be a double meaning of his words. "I don't like being played with." She stated suddenly, honestly, like always, but a frown formed on Dimitry's face. "Last Friday would have been a tumble in the sheets and I would have moved on with my life, but this feels like more than that, and if you don't want more than that, I want you to tell me before I do something silly like fall for you. I like you, I really like you, but I am not in the mood to get my heart broken." "I'm not planning on playing with you Sofia." Once again she took a few seconds just to stare at him, studying his eyes for a trace of a lie, for some indication that he wasn't being completely honest and when she found none, she nodded her head, offering him a small smile. "Then I'm good right here."