~28~

Jace's POV

After the disagreement with Riele, I ran to the one place that I could actually vent my problems and I could actually get answers or be heard. I ran to Glory's house and knocked the door so hard that I could probably break it.

"Who's that?"

"It's me Jace"

"Jace? What are you doing here?"

"I can answer your questions when you open the door"

"Right, coming"

She ran to the living room and then to the door and opened it, she was even more surprised to see me drenched

"Jace, are you okay?"

"I am" I answered entering the house and sat on one of the couches

"Let me go get you something to drink" she said and disappeared to the kitchen. After sometime, she came back with a coffee mug

"Here you go" she handed the mug to me and went to sit on the couches closer to mine

"So what's up? Why are you in my house at this time?"

"I want to tell you something Glo and I hope when I tell you this, you won't hate me like the rest"

"I promise I won't, what happened?"

I adjusted in my seat and started to narrate what has happened since highschool to when Riele came back to when we started dating to when I conspired her kidnapping to where we are now. I just kept quiet and looked at my sister with teary eyes

"Wow! Just wow"

"That's what you have to say"

"What do you want me to say? I mean you bullied this girl for years, you finally got back together and finally started dating but before that you conspired for her kidnapping and then according to your story you saved her and now she's mad at you, did I get it right?"

"Pretty much, yeah"

"Jace, how could you be so heartless?"

"I'm not heartless"

"Oh yes you are cos you liked her but you still conspired to kidnap her and maybe even kill her so tell me how is that not heartless"

"I came here to be consoled at least but here you are judging me like the everybody is. I made a mistake coming here and I'm sorry for disturbing you"

I stood up to leave but was held back by Glory

"Okay, fine I'm sorry for not consoling you but rather judging you and you can stay let's talk"

"Fine" I went back to my seat

"So, what made you do it?"

"Well, when she was dating Darryl, I was angry cos I thought she played with my feelings so I decided to do it cos I wasn't happy seeing her with someone else"

"What you did was wrong but for the right reasons, you loved this girl and you wanted to be with her but someone else beat it to you and you were mad but you would've talked to her and at least tried to make things right with her but instead you wanted to kill her which is so wrong on so many levels but you did it for the right reasons and I can relate to that cos before I met Ronald he was with another girl and I was in love with him, so I kidnapped him and brought him here and kept him for an hour and that's when we realized that we were made for each other"

"I didn't come here to listen to your love story with your late husband, I came cos I want a way to get Riele back"

"Ok, ok I think you should just apologize to her and make some kind gestures"

"That's a good idea"

"I know, I'm a genius"

I rolled my eyes and attempt to walk out of the house when my sister held me back

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Back home"

"It's late and didn't you tell me that dad may be pissed cos of what you did"

"I know but the first move to getting Riele back is to find out the truth and I'm talking about the whole truth and if I have to talk to Dad about it so be it"

"Ok lil bro, just promise me you'll be careful"

"I will"

I left but before I did, I muttered a silent 'I love you' to my sister before I left in case I don't make it out alive but there's nothing I can do cos I have to get Riele back and I will do anything.

Another chapter down and it turns out Jace wants to find out the truth about his family for Riele
I hope you liked it
Please vote!
Peace✌️