Chapter 9

LUCA’S POV 

My dad first got involved with the mafia when he was still in college. He had gotten mixed up with a lot of bad deals and people which lead to his choice of working with the mafia.  

He wanted to quit once everything got cleared up with his situation but it was going to be too difficult to leave. 

He ended up sticking with it to avoid any more trouble that might have been caused. It was only around five years later when he met my mom. She too had joined the mafia. They got married about two years after they met.  

They then settled in an apartment and took a break from the association for a while so they could try and start a family. They had my brother Nash. He’s only about four years older than I am but he is much more knowledgeable and ruthless. My dad and mom soon got called back to join the mafia. They agreed and went on a mission. 

That was the mission that my mother had died. My dad didn’t tell me much other than something went wrong and the mission had a loose screw wrong with the plan. Nobody in my family talked about it from then on.  

My dad then took charge of the mafia around 10 years later. His goal from then on was to make sure that nobody else close to him was lost. Everyone respected him especially after the incident. My brother then went on a ton of missions that made him into the person he is today. One of the most cold blooded members in the mafia. He doesn’t talk to me anymore and rarely to my dad.  

When I was around the age of 15 I soon got involved too. My dad tried his best to make the transition easy and for everything to be simple. But I was hesitant to dive right in.  

I soon found out that the mafia wasn’t everything that I had realized. With one of the only thoughts being that it was the reason that my mother died, I almost wanted nothing to do with the group.  

After I had been with it for a while I realized that there is mostly bad in the mafia but there is some good. The people are always there for you even at your worst. On the other hand you have to give your all to the group and if you don’t it shows through punishments.

I am always scared that I don’t put in the same amount of effort that the others. After my dad being a boss and my brother following suit, I was seen as weaker to everyone. With this new mission and the money it could bring in, I would finally be respected.

I’m nervous to do the mission because I don’t want to mess up, but I am also excited because if everything goes smoothly and according to the plans then I won’t have anything to feel bad about. I will have completed one of the most difficult missions that has ever been assigned in my rank.  

All I had to do was make sure that all our plans were fool proof. I also had to gain the trust of the most important pieces in the game, Arabella Langston. 

I needed things to work out between us and make sure that she understands the importance of her role in royalty and how nobody cares about her. Is it manipulative? Possibly, but now if she already thinks that. 

I also had to make sure to budget our time accordingly. I’m only being given a little bit over a year to make sure that the mission is completed.  

During that time I not only have other missions that need to be completed I also have to take on the task of training myself and Arabella and connecting with the other mafia members that the biggest mission is always on track and ends successfully.  

I just needed everything to go perfectly. 

ARABELLA’S POV

I woke up quite late in the morning and decided to stay in and make myself a cup of coffee.