Chapter 14

songs we recommend!!!

What a Feeling- One Direction

R.I.P 2 my Youth- The Neighborhood

I sat down immediately. The last thing I wanted was to get on Luca’s dad's bad side.  

He sat down behind his desk and glared at me. Staring into his eyes I realized how much similar he was to Luca. 

“Langston.” He began. 

“Yes?” I said. I could feel the pit in my stomach fall as I stared at the man in front of me. He was intimidating and made me want to run out of here and cry. But I decided that would be not only embarrassing but dumb.

“So you do know why you're here right?” He questioned. He was circling a pen in his hands as he looked at me for an answer.

“Yes, Luca explained it all very well and I don’t know if I really do want to help.” I started. I know that Luca made this more of a forced option but I was hoping his father would be more liniet. 

“Oh you'll help.” He said. 

There was an awkward silence that fell between us. I shifted in my seat quite a bit. It was really uncomfortable both the seat and the conversation.  

“So um did you need something?” I asked. I was confused as to why he called me in if he was just going to sit here and stare at me.

“Langston you do realize why we called on you to help with this mission.” He stated. 

“To get money?” I said plainly. I wasn’t sure how they wanted my help to get it so I waited for my answer.

“Not only that! You don’t realize what situation you are in do you?” He growled. 

“I don’t think I understand what you mean.” I explained. 

“Langston please enlighten me, what is it like being royal.” He asked. 

“Well to put it straight it’s annoying and I never get to do what I want. I never even get to wear what I want either. It’s controlling to say the least.'' I stated honestly. Royalty looked like a dream on the outside of wearing crowns and walking down the stairs of castles, but in reality it was a trap. Everything you did was controlled and planned for you.

“So wouldn’t you want to get revenge.” He grinned. 

“On...on my family?” I began. The question isn't comprehending as I thought again what was being asked of me. Why would I want revenge on my family? Yes they were rude sometimes, but what revenge did they mean?

“Well they are the ones that sent you away, correct?” He said. 

“Well yeah-” I said. 

“So you aren’t mad that they did that?” He interrupted. 

“I mean I guess, but I did break the rules.” I said. 

“And what exactly did you break?” He questioned. 

“I wore a dress.” I said. I wasn’t making eye contact with him but instead staring at my feet that were dug into the carpeted floors.  

“A dress! A dress, you were sent away because of a dress!” He laughed. 

“Well I was out of turn and it was the biggest ball, but it was a bit irrational and it was only a dress.” I said. 

“I would say it was more than irrational. They sent their only daughter away just for a simple dress that they wanted to wear.” He said. 

I started to understand what was going on, he was trying to show me that I too had a reason to steal from my parents. That I would get revenge for everything they had put me through. Everything, from wearing a simple dress from banning me from playing the sports I wanted to.