Chapter 9: Survival

Y/n pov

Interrogation room
7:51 a.m

The police had picked us up via helicopter and brought us to a nearby hospital to treat our wounds. We were then brought to a police station for questioning. Even the old man was forced to come with. They had pretty much interrogated us like we were crazy, which to be fair, the idea of Wendigos sounds kind of wack. I was one of the last people they had to question.

An investigator called me into an interrogation room, soon I'd be able to leave this place.

Investigator: "Mr. L/n have a seat." the investigator pointed to a metal chair on one side of a metal table.

  I sat down and honestly, it felt good being in a heated room. Being in a freezing cold lodge or woods isn't exactly comfortable, not to mention being attacked by literal monsters.

Investigator: "So Mr. L/n, according to Mr. Fiddler-"

Y/n: "I'm sorry but who's Fiddler?"

Investigator: "Jack Fiddler, the older man you apparently saved on the mountain."

Y/n: "Yeah, a Wendigo jumped at him and I pushed him out of the way."

Investigator: "Wendigo, everyone of you seems to share the same information. I have to ask were any of you on any form of drugs, alcohol or any other substances?"

Y/n: "No, and even if we were, how would we all have gotten high and seen the same thing?" I said, slightly annoyed.

Investigator: "Just checking, we had a group of hunters who claimed to have seen a group of people running on all fours a few years back, do you think those people could have been these so called 'Wendigos'?"

Y/n: "Without a doubt, look I know we sound crazy but there's proof. Check the mines and the old Sanitarium. But just bring some back up, maybe a shotgun or two."

Investigator: "You think these 'Wendigos' could still be roaming the mountain?"

Y/n: "I'm not sure, but there's a possibility."

Investigator: "Mrs. Giddings said that you Mr. Monroe and her found a watch belonging to Beth Washington in mines, is this true?"

Y/n: "Yeah..." my voice got more somber and my e/c eyes seemed darker.

Investigator: "Is everything alright Mr. L/n"

Y/n: "Yeah it's just that...I was close with Beth...before she..."

Investigator: "I'm sorry for your loss Mr. L/n. We're almost done, then you can leave. About the Washington sisters...can you tell us what happened? Some of your friends claimed to have seen traces of them in the mines."

Y/n: "Yeah...I pieced it together. Em had found Hannah's glasses at the bottom of a ravine. Not too far from them was...was Beth's corpse. Hannah had survived the fall, we found a journal she had written for over a month. She also buried Beth. But, she was all alone and...and hungry. So she dug Beth back up and...and she...started to cannibalize her..."

The investigator seemed shocked and slightly disgusted at what I told him, couldn't blame the guy.

Investigator: "A-and what happened to Hannah?"

Y/n: "She turned into a Wendigo. She died when we blew up the lodge. I doubt there's anything left of her."

Investigator: "W-well Mr. L/n thank you for your time. We're sending a team to retrieve Beth's remains and if there's anything, Hannah's as well. We're also trying to locate Josh as well as the other evidence you mentioned."

Y/n: "Thanks, am I free to go now?"

Investigator: "Of course."

  He opened the door for me and I left the interrogation room. Sam was waiting for me outside and pulled me into a hug when she saw me.

Sam: "How'd it go?"

Y/n: "Alright I guess, they're going to bring Beth and Hannah's remains back. So she can have a proper burial. There also gonna try and find Josh.

Sam: "Well that's good, at least now they're parents will have closure."

Y/n: "Yeah...just wish they didn't have to lose their son to get it."

Sam: "I know..."

Sam seemed saddened at Josh's disappearance, deep down she still cared for him.

Y/n: "Hey Sammy, I love you."

Sam: "I love you too."

I pulled her in close and pressed my lips onto hers. We stayed kissing for what felt like minutes, once we broke the kiss a police officer came up to us to talk.

Officer: "Uh sorry to interrupt but, we can bring you back home if you'd like. You kids have already gone through enough so we're going to make sure you get home safely."

Sam: "Thanks we'll be right there."

Officer: "Alright, I'll be waiting in the car outside."

The officer left us alone and Sam quickly kissed me again.

Sam: "Come on, let's go. I just want tongo home and sleep...and forget about all this."

Y/n: "Me too."

We both left the station and got in the backseat of the officer's car. It didn't take too long before me and Sam both feel asleep, her head resting on my shoulder.

The nightmare was finally over, but the spirit of the Wendigo still roamed the mountain, and it was waiting. Waiting for someone...to give into the hunger once more.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Author's note: Next chapter will be a lemon (18+) so be warned.