Chapter 2: Memento Mori

Y/n pov

Washington Mountain~Present day
9:02 p.m

  The bus rocked lightly as it drove closer to the entrance to Washington Mountain as snow hit the bus creating white noise around it. Next to me was Sam, who was sharing her earphones with me so that we could listen to the radio. The radio host soon begun talking about the disappearance of Hannah and Beth, which made me take the earphone off quickly.

  Sam looked at me with a look of genuine worry and care and grabbed hold of my right hand, intertwining our fingers tightly.

Sam: "Hey, Y/n, I know Beth wouldn't want to see you down like this. She'd want for you to have fun and......and find peace."

Y/n: "Yeah I know I just....I just wish that they were both here to have fun with us you know."

Sam: "Yeah, I know."

  Sam then leaned over and hugged me, holding me close. The bus came to a sudden stop as we jerked forward and were separated from our hug. We both got up and got off the bus, making our way to the small woden gate. As we passed through I thought I felt someone behind me so I turned around quickly, but there was no one in sight.

Sam: "You okay?"

Y/n: "Yeah, just thought I heard something."

  We continued walking until we came up to a metal gate with a piece of paper stuck to the doors. Sam pulled the paper off to read it as I went to press the button to open the door.

"Y/n: "Uh, why isn't it working."

Sam: "Ah shit, Chris wrote this saying the gate's busted and we gotta climb over."

Y/n: "Shit. You want to see who can climb over faster?" I said with a cheeky smirk.

Sam: "Oh you're on!" she said while chuckling.

  Sam and I both began climbing over the stone wall on the side of the gate, but truth be told, Sam was the better climber. I'm pretty good but Sam is...on a whole other level. It took her a couple of seconds to scale the wall where it took me around 15.

Sam: "Boo-yah, that's 1 for Sam and 0 for Y/n. So, what's my prize?"

Y/n: "Prize? When did we agree to that?" I said smiling.

Sam: "Just now." she said giggling.

Y/n: "Alright fine, for your prize you shall receive.......a singular favor!" I said in an over dramatic voice.

Sam: "My my, what an amazing prize, I'm so honored." she said mockingly.

Y/n: "You better be." I said letting out a small laugh.

  We continue walking towards lodge until Sam got distracted by a squirrel. While she was trying to feed it I spotted a small woden totem with yellow markings on it and a strange butterfly shaped hole in the center.

「Guidance: A vision of a bird flying from off a table」

I put the totem down and continued with Sam to the cable car. When we arrived at the station we found Chris's bag opened on a bench. Sam seemed tempted to look inside but decided otherwise. Suddenly we both heard a familiar voice.

Chris: "Hey what's up my homies!"

Sam: "Hey, Chris!"

  They both went in for a small hug as Chris, energetic as ever bear hugged me. We're not that close but Chris is just nice with everyone.

Y/n: "Chris...hugging...too...hard..."

  He let go me and had an apologetic look on his face. But it didn't take long for his eyes to beam as he announced to the both of us,

Chris: "Guys, guys you gotta come check this out. It's gonna blow your mind."

  Chris led us to a small shooting range that was in back of the cable car station, knowing Chris he wanted to do more than just show us the range.

Sam: "What is this even doing here?"

Chris: "Have you met Josh's dad? He thinks he's Grizzly Adams or something."

  Chris then picked up a rifle and aimed at one of the sand bags and fired hitting it straight on.

Chris: "Bullseye! Hey you guys wanna try?"

Sam: "I'm good, no thanks."

Y/n: "Oh I'm in."

  I picked up the other rifle so began me and Chris's shooting competition. In the end Chris was a good shot but I was able to beat him 10 shots to 6. As soon was we finished we heard our cable car coming closer. We all went into the sation and waited for it to arrive. Chris went to check out the shack while me and Sam waited for the car.

Y/n: "You know I almost didn't want to come back. I mean, I didn't think I even could but, here I am." I was trying to hide the somber tone in my voice but Sam caught on.

Sam: "I know how you feel. But just look at it this way, we haven't been all together like this in a while and I'm sure we'll have loads of fun."

Y/n: "Yeah you're right."

Sam: "Aren't I always?" she said slyly

  I just gave her a kind smile, and lightly punched her arm. Our cable arrived shortly after and all 3 of us boarded. While we were inside Chris began telling us the story of how he and Josh became first became friends. Sam and I both had smiles on the whole ride, not just because of Chris's story, but because of eachother.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Timeskip

  The cable car finally arrived at the top of mountain after a semi-long ride. The 3 of us got off and went to leave the station but we were locked in. Chris began furiously pressing the buzzer to alert people that were there. Not even a minute had passed before Jessica opened the door for us.

Chris: "My god if I was in there any longer I would have had to have eaten my own leg." he said in a joking tone. 

Sam: "Gross..."

Y/n: "Agreed but I mean it would last him, there's enough fat on those legs." I said laughing

Chris: "Muscle, there is enough muscle on these babies. I'm like a sprinter." he said chuckling.

Jessica was busy talking with Sam when Chris swiped an envelope from Jess's hands.

Jess: "Hey come on, give that back." she said frustrated

Chris: "My my it seems that Jessica has a crush on our dear class president Michael Monroe. What spicy erotica could Jessica be writing I wonder?"

  Chris was clearly just doing this to bug her but I could tell she was pissed.

Y/n: "You do know that they're dating, right?"

Sam and Chris looked at me surprised while Jessica looked relieved.

Chris: "Really? When?"

Jessica: "Around the end of summer."

Y/n: "Yeah, after Emily tried sleeping with me Mike and her broke up. So eventually they got together."

Chris: "Shit dude, Emily tried cheating on Mike with you?"

Y/n: "Yup, honestly I kinda feel bad for Matt."

Sam, internally: [I could see why she wanted to sleep with you. Wait what!? Why am I thinking that?]

  Chris gave Jessica her envelope back, we then proceeded to head up to the lodge and meet up with the others.