Chapter 9

Eren was still a little bit confused by what just happened as he made his way home, it was kinda nice having her hug me like that, I wonder if it was her way of saying thanks for something I did. Maybe it was for saving her in her fight, oh well. Eren heard footsteps behind him as he was about to put his headphones on, “What are you doing?” asked Eren while he stopped and waited for Mikasa to catch up. “Nothing, I rested my eyes for a while and before I knew it, you were done practicing with that girl and I just had a feeling that you went this way to go home.” explained Mikasa, while Eren put his headphones away now that Mikasa was accompanying him on his way home. “You can call her by her name, don’t just call her “that girl”. Her name is Annie.” Eren told Mikasa. “I don’t have enough respect for her to start calling her by her name.” said Mikasa. “Then why did you bother even waiting for me if all you were gonna do is argue?” he told Mikasa, raising his voice a little. “It’s just you’ve been acting a little different around me recently.” Mikasa explained to him, Eren knew she was right, he had been acting a little different. “I’m sorry, it’s just last night I had a really weird dream and it kinda messed up my day.” Eren admitted, he thought about how Mikasa was involved in his dream and shook his head to get his mind off of it. “What was you dream about, maybe I could help you with whatever is bothering you.” Mikasa suggested as she smiled at Eren. “Uhh no it’s ok, I’ll be fine.”

                                      ~

            “Hey Annie.” said Bertholdt as he gave off an awkward smile. “Hey, Come in.” Annie instructed Bertholdt, as she left the door open for him to come in. “Do you want anything to drink? I just got home so I don’t know what I have to drink.” Annie admitted. “No no, I’m fine.” said Bertholdt. Bertholdt looked around Annie’s house and was really impressed with how good her house looked, it was filled with expensive decorations, the walls had custom designs on it that must have cost a fortune, her sofa looked like it was brand new, the curtains looked as if they were freshly ironed, the TV in the living room was decently big. “You can sit down you know, wait here I’m going to drop off my stuff in my room.” she said as she ran up the stairs. Bertholdt took a seat on the sofa and was surprised with how comfortable it was. He heard Annie running down the stairs, she jumped over the sofa and landed with her legs criss crossed next to Bertholdt. He smiled at how happy Annie landed next to him, “What are you so happy about?” Bertholdt smiled at her. “What do you mean by that Bert?” she smiled back at him. “It’s because I’ve never seen you this happy, you’ve been smiling a lot more lately.” He said as her smile diminished by a little. “Oh its nothing.” She responded, Bertholdt knew it was because of Eren and about what had happened in the park. “So what’s up? Why did you come to visit me?” asked Annie. “It’s just been a while since we last hanged out, you know and I was wondering if you were free today…” He was surprised with how well he asked her, especially because he didn’t stutter despite how nervous he was asking her out. “Yeah sure, but what about Reiner? He usually comes with us?” Annie asked, and found it kind of weird that Bertholdt was the only coming. “Um he had to do some stuff today so I figured I could hang out with you for a change.” Bertholdt explained, oh my god! How did I come up with a really good excuse!? I can’t believe it’s going this well!  “Oh, ok what do you want to do today?” asked Annie, Bertholdt had no idea he would get this far in inviting her out and all the excitement was making him sweat. “Uhh I don’t know actually, do you want to go out somewhere?” he asked nervously. “But then you’d have to wait a while because I have to shower and get ready since I’m sweaty and sticky right now.” Annie said as she felt how sticky her neck and arms were because of the sweat. “It’s ok, I don’t mind at all.” said Bertholdt as she shook his hands to assure Annie that he’d wait. “Ok then I won’t take long I promise.” said Annie as she hurried to go get ready.