Chapter 18

What am I doing?! This is not right! He's not Eren, Annie thought as she opened her eyes to see Bertholdt on top her as he continued to make contact with her lips. Annie pushed herself away from him as Bertholdt looked at her with a concerned look on her face. "What's wrong? Did I do something?" he asked her, he tried to brush her hair away from her face but she backed away as soon as she saw his hand coming towards her. "Are you kidding me? This whole thing is wrong! I never imagined I would do something like this!" she said as tears started to slalom through her cheeks. "Now I can't face him with all this guilt I'm feeling! Even though he hurt me so bad, I still have these strong feelings that won't go away!" she said as she wiped her tears. "You deserve so much better than him! He cheated on you with Historia, now you can't trust him. He took advantage of you." said Bertholdt trying to comfort Annie in his own way. "What the hell do you know!? You have no idea what I'm feeling right now! The only one taking advantage of me is you! And fell into a moment of weakness like a goddamn fool!" Annie yelled at him, she couldn't control her emotions any longer and was letting it out all at once. Bertholdt looked at her and thought about his actions and realized how hypocritical he sounded. "You know what, just get out!" Annie shouted as she pointed at the door. Bertholdt didn't want to sound desperate and he didn't want to look weak in front of her, if he did then he would have kiss good bye of his chances of ever being with Annie. Without saying anything else, he got up and made his way to the door while Annie looked away as she felt guilt for what she had done. "I'm glad that for a moment I connected with you on a deeper level, I'll see you at school." Bertholdt said as he opened the door. Annie didn't look at him when he said that, she didn't feel like she connected with him at all, it was just a moment of weakness for her.

           As Eren walked away from the door, he didn't know whether it was the right choice or not to leave after going all the way over there. In the end he didn't have the courage to face her, he thought the worst that could happen him getting punched by Annie. In the he thought he'd deserve at least that. The only that was on his mind is how things would've turned out if he would've stayed and explained things. He finally got home and dropped his back pack on the floor as soon as he came in, he sat on the couch and sighed. He had an empty feeling inside him that he was desperately trying to get rid of. He had all kind of thoughts going through his head, he was wondering if Bertholdt was going to steal her away from him even though she said she didn't feel that way about him, and if that were the case should he get with Historia so he could make sure that he was happy without her? His thoughts were running all over the place. He knew that in the end he'd be unhappy without her. He needed to distract himself from everything, and the only thing he could do is play soccer, even then he would always be thinking of her and all he moves she taught him.

          He heard knocking on the door, and he obviously knew it was Mikasa so he took his time getting there. "What up Mikas-" he stopped and saw that it was Ymir. "Do you need something?" he said even though he wouldn't know what she would want. "Come with me, someone really wants to talk to you." she said as she started to walk away from the door, Eren hesitated to follow since he never seen her before. But he did as she told him, because he was really curious.

          They walked for 7 minutes to a nearby park and didn't initiate in any sort of conversation, Eren assumed she'd be the kind of person that would only give blunt answers so he didn't even bother. She lead him to a bench were he could already make out who that person was just by recognizing her blonde hair. "What do you want?" he asked bluntly as he wasn't happy to see her after what she did, but something about her seemed different, she actually looked more nervous than her usual confident bitchy self. He turned around and saw that Ymir was gone just like the wind, he found that really creepy. "Do you want to sit down?" she asked him nervously. "No, I'll just stay standing." He said as he rejected her offer. It was starting to get late that the sky was starting to go purple and the street lights where starting to light up. Historia seemed hurt by Eren, but he didn't care. "I've never done anything like this before, and I haven't felt like this towards anyone either." Eren's expression changed as he hoped she wouldn't say what he was expecting her to say. "That day when we were on the soccer field, when we met for the first time, no one has ever been able to make me feel that way. I think that what I'm trying to say is that I like you. I know you just broke up with Annie so its unfair for me to ask you if wanted to be my boyfriend." She confessed to Eren as she looked down and held a tight grip on her knees. He didn't know how to react to what she just said, he was mad, confused, flattered, and a little sad. "Why would you confess to me like that after all you just did? Don't you feel any shame, did you do all this on purpose just to be with me?" he asked her. "No! I never planned any of this!" she said as she stood up quickly. "I never planned to like you this much. I never liked Annie so that's why I did what I did, I knew why Annie liked you so much." she continued her explanation as she looked up to Eren. "First of all Annie and I haven't broken up, were probably just confused with everything with what's going on, everything that you caused." He said, making her trying to make her realize everything she's done. "But it was the way you were touching me and kissing me, you did everything right to take out all these feelings! And I can't stop thinking about you." She said as her feelings were out of control, desperate to get through to Eren. Is she even listening to everything anything I'm saying? I'm trying to make her see everything she's done wrong and she's still trying to say how strongly she feels about me! "Either way, I like Annie way too much to be with someone else. I wouldn't trade her for anyone, not even you." He said as he turned around and started to walk away. He then felt Historia's arms wrap around him from the back. In a way, he felt like he needed to comfort her, but he also wanted to keep his distance and he didn't know which one he had to do. He felt her rubbing against his back like a lost child desperate to find her mother. Eren finally turned around to see a tearful face, he wanted to hug her but he was really afraid, not because someone might see, but because he was scared that he might develop feelings for her.