Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Aubrey could hear two sets of footsteps approach then separate, as one set of footsteps drew nearer to her.

A warm gravelly voice ascended on her ears, as a gentle pressure, she assumed being applied to the collars ring brought her smoothly to her feet.

"I've had a discussion with Samuel and it seems you may be slightly more advanced than the others, we will be staying in the room with them, you will not be alone with me and I will do nothing but a slightly more in depth training that those girls will receive at their second lesson, do you understand?"

She nodded.

She felt the ring being tugged abruptly, "When I address you, you will answer me verbally and address me as Sir."

"Yes, Sir," she breathed.

"Good girl." 

She felt the pressure from the collar ease and assumed the mystery Sir had slipped away from her again.  Her mind was reeling with an overabundance of thought and sensation, despite her vision being taken away from her.

"Why am I doing this?" she questioned herself.

 "Because you've always wanted to know what it would be like," Her inner voice answered, "to give up making the decisions about your life if only for a little while. Leaving everything to someone else."

She was startled from her inner musings as she felt warmth at her wrist and then cold metal clasp around them, snuggly.  She felt a digit pass beneath the bonds insuring they were not too tight.  The bonds were left in place so they must have been satisfactorily loose. She heard a metallic 'chink' and felt the weight on her arms increase.  Something had been snapped to the metal cuffs at her wrists.

She felt the same cool metal clasp around her ankles then.  Her breathing quickened as she realized that if she wanted to run she would likely be unable to.

"Be calm," the gravelly voice said near her ear.

She took a deep breath through her nose and smelled a familiar scent she couldn't quite place.  She felt something being placed in her hands, she ran her fingers around the edges of the flat circular object, it seemed to be a tray.

"Hold the tray between both hands and carefully walk towards my voice, be mindful of the chains and shorten your steps accordingly," the disembodied voice called from some distance in front of her.

She carefully lifted her foot to take a step finding that the chain tugged before she could reach a full stride. She lowered her foot back down and tried again with a more careful step and began shuffling forward.

She shrieked as a hand landed on her backside.  "You look like an old woman, straighten your back and lead off with your hips, one foot in front of the other."

She ducked her head slightly, "Yes, Sir"

She placed her feet in a more heel to toe position and began to walk forward slowly at first, then with more confidence, the voice's advice to lead with her hips causing her rear end to sway in a way it had never done before.  She began to blush but continued walking until she ran right into the chest of the voice.

She stumbled back. Her feet tangling precariously in the chains she had no way to right herself.  She felt herself tumbling backwards and braced for the hard impact of the concrete floor, but it never came.

She felt a warm arm wrap around her waist, a small gasp escaped her lips as the arm pulled her up and into the side of his body.

"I will not let you fall. Trust me," he said in a low, rough whisper. "In all things, all you have to do is trust me."