10 || Is that all?

In the morning, I woke up feeling refreshed. I stretched out my arms and squinted at my wrists. The faint marks on them made me sit up as everything came pouring down. Gerard was here. He punished me. I locked myself in the room so he couldn’t get to me. Was he still here? Did he leave? I wouldn’t know for sure because I stayed in the tub for most part of last night and didn’t bother to check.

I tiptoed to the door and unlocked it. Careful not to make a sound, I exited my room and flattened my back against the wall. There was noise coming from my living room. Still on my toes, I continued to the living room. I paused by the door. The TV was on and Gerard was seated on the couch in front of it.

“Hana,” Gerard said without turning around. I made a beeline for my room but his voice stopped me. “Wait, Hana. We need to talk.”

“I don’t want to talk to you,” I grumbled out, but my feet refused to move. He rose from the chair and with that gesture seemed to suck the air out of the room. I gulped. I was not going to let him affect me. He stopped a few metre away from me. “Did you leave?”

Gerard’s eyes followed mine raking over his attire. In place of his suit were grey sweats and top. He nodded. “To get a change of clothes.”

“So you left my doors open?”

“I went with the key,” Gerard replied.

My anger instantly deflated. I glared at him but my lips remained sealed. He walked back and I noticed the package on the table for the first time. His tired green eyes bore into mine, and my heart clenched. I hated that I was concerned about how exhausted he looked. I was emotionally and mentally exhausted, thanks to him. Yesterday, I was out there doing stupid shit because of him.

“We discussed this already, Gerard,” I said as he came forward. “I don’t want you here. Leave.”

“Can we talk?” he asked.

“No.”

“Please.”

“No. I’m tired of this back and forth.”

“After those pictures and video you sent to me yesterday, do you think you get to still be mad at me?” he asked. I scoffed. “Hana.”

“Yes,” I said in response to his first question. My hands dropped to my waist and I stood straighter. “I get to be mad. You can’t tell me how to handle my anger. And, you don’t get to tell me what to do, Gerard. I’m not your pet anymore. Our agreement has long ended.”

“I brought breakfast, you must be hungry.” My stomach growled to signify agreement. I hated this. I hated what he was doing to me. I leaned on the doorframe for support and a soft sigh left my lips. Gerard stretched the cup of coffee and pack of donuts. I have always wanted him to do this, but he had to wait until I was ready to move on to show this side of him. “It’s just food, Hana. Please accept it.”

“Fine.” I collected it but he didn’t move from behind the couch. “Thanks. You can leave now.”

“Hana.”

Gerard ran a hand across his face. Though he looked tired, he was stunning as always.

“Shouldn’t you be in some fancy meeting attending to fancy people?” I snapped. My phone rang from inside, the perfect excuse to get away from him. “I have to go get that.”

I scurried to my room to get the phone but it stopped ringing as soon as I walked in. The call was from Cathie and I suspected it had to do with Joe and the outcome of yesterday’s date. I chose not to return the call. Taking a sip from the coffee, my lips curved. It was exactly how I like it.