Daphne and Hermione

This is the story of how I confirmed that the Daphne Greengrass in my reality isn't straight and I swear it's the cutest thing ever???

After one morning class, Daphne and I went for a short trip to the library before having lunch at the Great Hall. So on the way from the library, I came across Hermione so we greeted each other. Being polite, Hermione also said hi to Daphne too. Daphne isn't the friendliest person despite how she's the nicest among our Slytherin friend group so, like always, she just muttered out a small hi and then stepped back to the side of the hallway.

"I was just about to head to the Library to meet with Harry and the others. Do you want to come?" Hermione asked.

Since I just came from the Library, I declined. Also, I wasn't very sure about Daphne's expression at the time and I felt bad at the thought of leaving her to join Hermione.

Hermione was fine with it and excused herself then leaving. "See you later in class?" she said and I waved goodbye at her. I went back to Daphne to see her staring blankly into the distance where Hermione had gone to. "Shall we go?" I said cautiously.

She stayed silent for a moment before she finally sighed and said "Oh, sure." She was blushing. 

My first move was to joke about it so I poked at her and said "What's up with that face?"

But she said "Is it obvious? I feel like you know."

AND I DIDN'T KNOW?! I was only joking and didn't even say anything that would imply it but she just confirmed it out of nowhere. So I said "Ohmygod?!"

"How was I supposed to act, that's literally the first time she ever spoke to me," she started stuttering and then I squealed and hugged her. We started walking again.

"Daphne since when was this? Why didn't you tell me?" I asked her.

"I didn't think I'd need to, it's not like I had the need to announce it or keep it a secret," she said. "Besides, I never even thought I'd get a chance to talk to her, how much more befriend her?"

"You should have told me sooner, I can totally help you out. Hermione's nice! Ask something about our lessons and for sure you're already off to a good start!" I started rambling because I got so excited for her. "How did this happen, what made you like her?" I was just so intrigued that I was just talking rather than eating.

"I don't know? She's just really participative in class that it's hard not to notice her," she answered.

"Do you think she's pretty?"

"Of course I do, Phy."