epilogue

streets of the city rested in silence as the beautiful bright sky swept over it.

the bustling city was enveloped by the sounds of car honking, people chattering, and footsteps hitting the pavement.

people going here and there, some with destination and some are without. just letting their feet take them wherever.

among the people crowding the street, there she recklessly walks, her feet pattered against the hard concrete floor.

feeling nostalgic, the girl took a delightful trip down memory lane.

it's been seven years since she left her country and here she came back, as she promised.

I'll come back when my heart doesn't long for you anymore.

but she missed her home, she felt homesick for the past seven years so that's why she came back.

a wide smile spread across her face as she recalls every memory and moment she had on the place.

until she reached her former school.

a sudden ache strike through her chest, it wasn't a painful one but a beautiful ache.

she entered the school with ease, the familiar guard letting her in.

sol took every moment to let her eyes wander the school, memories here and there came crashing in her mind.

she remembers all her first.

her first time getting late, running like an athlete just to get in time.

her first time getting invited for lunch, her first time having a true friend, and her first encounter with soojin.

but most importantly, her first love.

oh, how she recalls herself falling in love with someone whom she just saw sitting under a shady tree with beautiful flowers around him.

it was a bright sunny day, a beautiful morning.

she then squinted her eyes when her sight landed on the same place she saw him.

it was exactly just like the last time.

but this time, it was different.

the girl slowly took a step towards the tree and situated herself under the shady spot.

the warm breeze hugged her delicate skin as her silky hair cascaded down her shoulder elegantly.

the fact that she was wearing a white thigh-length dress made her look breathtaking, like an angel.

an angel with a bright and beautiful smile. like how the sun shines for her.

she then stared above, covering the rays of the sun using her palm as she looks at the sky.

her eyes then caught sight of the place where it all started.

where the deal started.

a soft smile never left her lips as she stood up and went to explore the garden.

beauteous flowers had bloomed gracefully in it along with the green plants and she watched how delicate the flowers danced along with the wind.

not far away from where she stands, a man wearing a beige button-down partnering it with hazel slacks stood tall.

the girl froze in her tracks after seeing the familiar back.

her heart pounded at the sight when the guy had slightly turned to the side, showing his side features.

the familiar feeling hit like a truck in her, her heart thumping wild. just like the first time the moment she laid her eyes on him.

it's still the same but different moment.

everything felt surreal for her at the moment but one thing is for sure,

her love for him never really did fade.

well yeah, she thought her feelings and longing were gone but that's what she thought.

the moment they held eye contact, all the emotions, the memories, the feeling came crushing through like a harsh wave in her, feeling the sparks jolt through her.

the same with him.

he wasn't expecting to see her this way, not here.

unknowingly, their feet moved on their own, leaving a two-meter gap between them.

silence filled the gap between them, the two did not utter any single word but instead, they looked at each other intensely, getting lost in each other's gaze.

as if they were communicating with their eyes, they let their eyes do the talking for them.

hearts beating in sync, both of them softly grinned at the same time. both hearts fluttering rhythmically.

if fate would let us, we'll meet.

and just like that, their hearts connected once again.