George's Birthday

George's P.O.V
April first. Damn. My Birthday. I haven't even planned a flippin thing. April fools day. Without Fred, shouldn't exist. It's not my birthday anymore because I started this world with Fred and I died with Fred'a death. He got the good end of the wand, I'm useless without him, he doesn't have to do anything without me there. Provable lazes about all day.

I knew where mum had hid the cake so there was a little explosion for that but I didn't feel like anything big.

"Happy Birthday George!" They sang, Ginny screamed as fireworks exploded from the cake, from the firework section at our shop. My shop, no our shop, he just abandoned me so I just look after it on my own. But it's still our shop.

I got presents of course, but I didn't open them, I'd always know what I got before I opened it because people always got two of the same thing.
I appeared into the kitchen and shouted "MUM" mum screamed "FRED" she burst into tears, "sorry George" she said before crying into her apron.
"I'm going down to the cemetery" I said.

They gave Fred a special grave, probably because of Ron's status.
"Hey Freddie! So it's your birthday, and mine I guess. So I'm kind of missing you. And I don't really know how to live without you."

My voice beginning to shake.
"How could you leave me Freddie?! How could you do this to me? We've barely started our lives. So much still to do! And I've got to do it alone!" I say screaming.
The emotion rips me from the inside, clawing at my heart.

I sat there and cried for a while.
"So I brought you a present, sorry it's got itching powder on it, couldn't not pull a prank on you.
So it's not a necklace, it's a locket, with our faces, and the rest of our family of course too. It's only half a locket, I've got the other half and I promise I will never take it off. But I thought you should have it so you don't forget me either. When your throwing water balloons at Snape with Sirius. Plotting with Tonks and Lupin. Eating sherbet lemons with Dumbledore. Learning from Lily and talking to James."

I fall to me knees, my head in my hands, wishing I could take back the past. None of them deserved this, any of it.

"Fred, how did we end up here?! So I'm case you got cold I brought you this" I said placing the G Christmas jumper on his grave.
"The shops going great but I'm having trouble thinking of new items, I'm going to have to wait for Teddy to grow up a bit mor and help me. I would've never grown up with you there but well since you left I've had to grow up a bit. Not all the way, that'll never happen."
"Hey Georgie?" I heard a voice, I knew it was inside my head but...
"I love you"
"I love you too bro" I said crying, just before I walked away I added, mum asked if you could give this to Lily. I placed the letter at his grave.
"She couldn't go to Godric's Hollow, she's not strong enough yet. I'm not worried the family will ever forget you, we've got the shop, mums a mess because of you, idiot getting yourself killed!"
"Goodbye Freddie, I'll be back soon"
The letter read:
Dear Lily,
I know you were a very good mother to Harry, I'd only for a short time. I've tried my best to help with Harry all I can, it's a lot to ask but I'm trusting you with my joint-most mischievous son. Please look after him. Be his mother now that I can't?
Love
Molly x

***
Authors note: hey I co-wrote this chapter with my awesome friend @BookVlogger so sorry I'm a little slow with the chapters I'm really very busy and my phone doesn't like wattpad so I have to use my iPod which takes longer XD BTW I cried whilst writing the chapter on my bus, they must've thought I was so weird :)