diamond pack

WOO! two posts in a year, already on a record lol. thanks for the support on the last chapter, i missed u guys!

-

"We should probably go downstairs. I have business to attend to." Stefan says as he pulls away from our embrace. Bella whines and I can't help but to agree that I miss his warmth. I nod at him and sigh.

"What's wrong?" He asks, sensing my hesitation. I chew on my lip and decide to be honest with him.

"It's hard seeing Logan- Alpha Logan," I correct myself, "I don't miss him per say but, it's weird adjusting. I almost feel guilty because I am content with you being my mate and he looks like a sad pup. It's stupid." I chuckle, realizing my words aren not making any sense. He places his hand on my cheek and I almost purr at the sensation. His blue eyes pierce my soul and I smile at him. 

"You are a very kind girl and I can see why that would make someone as good as you feel guilty. But don't. From what I've heard, he does not deserve you and I will prove that to you. You do not have to worry about bearing this burden on your own, I am your mate and I am here to support you." His words are tender and sincere and I almost cry. I can feel a pressure in my chest as he speaks. 

I feel as though the wall I have been building for the past few months after all the trauma Logan has put me through, is now crumbling. And I don't know if it's a good thing. 

Bella howls in the back of my head and I can see that Stefan is trying to read my expressions. 

As if something else takes my body over, I lean forward and kiss him hastily. Sparks erupt all over my face and my stomach fills with butterflies. I can tell he is stunned and it's like reality crashes over me, so I pull away quickly with a shocked look on my face and Stefan's.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to- I don't know what happen-" I start to apologize but before I can, Stefan grabs my waist and crashes his lips onto mine. I sink into him immediately and sigh at how good this feels. 

I place my hands in his dirty blonde locks and pull lightly as he nips at my bottom lip. I smile through the kiss, and flick his tongue with mine. We both pull away and place our foreheads on each other as we breathe heavily. 

"I liked it. Thank you." He breathes out huskily before pecking my nose. I sink into him and place my head on his shoulder.

We enjoy our silence for a moment before there is a knock at the door. I open it to see my mother.

"Your father is starting the meeting." She informs us and I nod. She walks away and I turn to Stefan. He gets up from the bed and grabs my hand. He offers me a smile as we both step out of my room. We walk down the stairs and I see my father and Logan at the table. Logan's leg is shaking and he turns around once he senses us, maybe even smelt me. 

Bella sneers at him and I almost laugh, I feel Stefan tighten his grip on me at the sight of Logan and I squeeze his hand back. We reach the bottom and Logan's eyes narrow at the sight of our clasped hands. I fight the urge to roll my eyes at him being dramatic. 

"I'll let you guys get to it!" I exclaim and head to the living room, but my father stops me. 

"Actually, I think you should stay, Dakota. Seeing as you are involved in all three packs in a way, it is far from confidential information to you." He proposes and I almost laugh. This situation is so ironic. 

I nod at him slowly and notice both Logan and Stefan staring me down, while they both have empty seats beside them. Although it is almost instinctual to go and sit beside Logan, it's not a difficult decision to move straight to Stefan. He smiles immediately and I see Logan frown but I really could not care less at this point.