--eight

chapter eight the big scary ship

chapter eight
the big scary ship

THE KIDS COME around a rock to reveal a big purple ship, with tentacles going into the bushes, "Look, there's the supply ship." Missy points out. "Just like Ojo's drawing!" She says as tentacles slither back into the bushes.

"Ew. Gross!" The kids complain.

"Shh. Keep it down!" Missy whispers in fear of getting caught. "Wait. Wait a second. Let's go." She starts running with Bella and the other kids right behind her. Everyone besides Slowmo begins to climb into the ship surrounding Wheels whos in the big chair.

"Shut the door and let's get out of here. Wheels, can you..." Missy gets cut off by him.

"No! We're not all here!"

"What? Who's missing?" Bella asks until it hits her, "Oh..." Everyone turns to see Slowmo running slow, halfway to the ship.

"Slowmo! Cut it out! Run!" Wildcard calls out. The tentacles rise from the bushes and look around.

"Hurry! They're coming back!" Guppy warns the older kids. Facemaker leans over to Wheels getting his attention.

"Ten to one says he's tentacled."

"Dude!"

"Come on, Slowmo!" The kids follow Rewinds lead and begin to shout encouragement to Slowmo, besides A Capella, who is vocalizing 'Chariots of fire'. The tentacles grow further to Slowmo causing Noodles to look to the group.

"All right, hold me down!" He says as 4 hands hold onto him. He reaches his arms out and grab him, bringing him back.

"Yes!" They cheer as Wheels closes the door. The tentacles slam onto the ship, causing everyone to scream, and Bella to hold onto the closes person, who happened to be Wildcard. She quickly lets go, and mutters a quick apology, with a rosy pink shade crossing both of their cheeks.

"Wheels, tell me you figured this out!" Bella pleads.

"It's incredibly intuitive." He explains pressing the green button, causing purple gunk to climb up the window. He presses another button causing everyone to fall back.

"Please just choose any button!" Missy calls out to the blond haired boy.

"It might be one of these." He presses another button. The purple gunk clears off the windows to reveal tentacles creating cracks. The kids scream as Guppy runs up and presses the red button. The engine starts and the ship fly's into the air.

Everyone looks out to the view as Noodles turns around, "But now what?"

"Don't worry. Any minute now, Ojo's gonna draw a picture of all of us smiling and hugging our parents." Missy looks over to Ojo. "Isn't that right, Ojo?" She shakes her head.