--ten

chapter tenthe takeover

chapter ten
the takeover

THE TWO TEENS were in the control room waiting for Missy, "Hey Wildcard old buddy. Are you and Bella in the ship's control room yet?"

"We sure are. Just like we planned, old buddy." Wildcard smirks

"You were working together?" Ojo asks.

"Surprise! I even sent them on a secret mission. Isn't that right?"

"Yep! And when the team leader tells you to do something, you hop to it." Wildcard explains

"Since when did you accept Missy as the leader?"

"Since the tunnel... when she told me you were an alien spy."

"Ojo's an alien spy?" All the kids including Bella exclaim.

"Yep. Ojo's a spy." Missy confirms

Ojo grew slimy purple tentacles, "You knew. How'd you figure it out?" She smirks

"You accidentally gave it away in one of your own drawings. Your art never lies" said Missy, "You work for Granada, don't you? Or does Granada work for you?"

"They all work for me." She says as Facemaker runs in.

"What the... Ojo's an alien!" He points to the girl.

"We know!"

"And now you can be impressed... and defeated... as soon as I figure out which button removes the shield." Wildcard joins the conversation again.

"Knowing the aliens, it's probably a big button with a picture of a shield on it."

"Oh!" Bella says pushing the button. Down below the kids cheer.

"I hate to spoil your celebration... but there's two minutes left. Game's not over yet." She begins to draw.

A creature climbs out of the iPad and grows, "Uh-oh!"

While the kids down below were fighting the aliens began to break the door down "Come on in. It's broken. I mean it's open."

"Wild Card, Bella, you have to keep those shields down." Missy reminds the two.

"Don't worry, Missy. We're  on it." Bella says.

"Oh yeah? What are you gonna do, hmm? Turn into a bowling ball?" Ms.Granada taunts mostly at Wildcard.

"Sure... if that's what I want. I can control my powers now. Working with Missy helped me realize I was so busy trying to prove everyone else wrong when I should have been concentrating on proving myself right. Her and Bella believed in me. Now I believe in myself."

"Oh, right. And you think that's enough. Believing in yourself."

"You tell me."

"Let's do this." Bella joins

"Hmm. Let's take them." The aliens grow tentacles. "ATTACK!" A guard runs towards the two which Bella stepped out of the way and Wildcard Flew. Two other guards come after them, Wildcard turned into a bowling ball and Bella created Perry. The finale guards come at them which Wildcard electrocutes them.

"And my personal fave." He pauses, "The freeze ray." He begins to freeze Ms. Granada and the others.

"Wild Card? Bella? We need you. Right now!"

"On our way" Wildcard says.

"Stay cool." Bella adds while Wildcard grabs her hand.

"Dude! You actually teleported!" Facemaker high fives him.

"Get down there, quick!" Missy points to Slowmo. Wildcard teleports down and flies back up with Slowmo, causing the kids to cheer.

"Now swap the motherboards up there!" Wheels instructs Noodles, who follows. The alarm goes off and the ground shakes. The pyramid begins to open.

"What's happening?" Missy asks.

"The takeover is happening." The pyramid fully opens to reveal their parents.

"Wait. So our parents were in the pyramid all along? But I don't understand. What's the takeover?"

"The takeover of power... from your parents." Ms. Granada joins. "You see, the next generation is always an improvement from the last."

"Things are not heading in the right direction on your planet. And you children are inheriting Earth's problems, and need to be able to fix them, sooner rather than later." Ojo adds.

"It's in the best interest of the entire galaxy that life on Earth survives and thrives." The president says. "So, we infiltrated both your government and Heroics headquarters so we could train you and accelerate the transfer of power."

"As you've seen from today's events, it's not enough to be strong, powerful, or even magic. If you do not use your strengths together and with good judgment... you are doomed."

"But I don't understand. The clock hit zero. We were one second too late." Wheels informs them.

"The supreme commander knew down to the second exactly when the takeover would happen."

"Your guess was close, Wheels, but not quite right. Everything on the ship wasn't designed for children." Ojo says.

"Oh, it was designed by children."

"That's correct." She smiles "On our planet, the children are in charge." She looks back and they bow.

"So, you're their leader?" Missy asks.

"Yes. Just as I knew you would be a natural leader. It's why I drew you at the front of the class. So, from one leader to another, as we each head off to face the challenges of the universe, can we count on you to not just help save your planet... but the entire galaxy?" Ojo asks.

"You have our word. When you need us... we'll be there." Missy puts her hands on her hips.

"Thank you." Ojo steps back and a platform is created for the parents. As all the kids ran to their parents. Bella went up to Harry and Ginny earning a hug from each one.

"McGonagall wrote." Ginny says earning the girls attention. "She says you are welcomed to come to Hogwarts."

Bella looks over to Wildcard, who is already looking at her, "I think I'll stay." Bella smiles at her parents.

This was the day our heroes fell, but others did rise. As for the aliens, they'll be back, and when they call on us for help, we will be prepared. We will be ready.

Months have gone by, and a lot has happened between Bella and Wildcard. The two went on their first date. And a week later Bella wasn't single anymore.

The kids step onto a platform. Bella was holding hands with her boyfriend, Wildcard. "So what are we supposed to be looking at?" Facemaker asks.

"The future."