A Normal Lunch

"Come on, Maki! We'll be late!"

Kaede Akamastu, a blonde haired pianist ran through the crowded highschool halls grabbing a shorter girl wearing red by the wrist.

"Kaede, lunch only just started we still have like, about an hour left. Plus you can always meet your boyfriend after school..."

The shorter girl piped up. And that shorter girl was Maki Harukawa, a stubborn and independant person.

"There he is! And he brought Kaito too, in fact I don't think you two have ever met. I can introduce you guys."

Maki sighed and rolled her eyes as they walked over the the table and Kaede waved frantically. Maki knew Kaito already but he didn't know her. He was a loud and outspoken boy in her biology class. He'd always cause a stir and he irritated her to the max.

"Oh hi Kaede, glad you could make it! I manged to get one of the outside tables. Lucky because it's a beautiful day."

A blue haired boy spoke. That was Shuichi. Whenever Maki wasn't helping out at her orphanage she was at Kaede's house. She knew Shuichi well since he was Kaede's boyfriend after all and they were either always on videocalls or hanging out. Maki and Shuichi were on good terms, they shared a few interests and had a bit of the same personality.

"Hi Kaede! Oh and you, I think you're from my biology class, right? Kaito said enthusiastically.

"Yeah, I am." Maki mumbled as she nodded her head.

Throughout lunch it was mainly Kaito, Kaede and Shuichi doing the speaking, Maki pitched in only sometimes. She was listening but she tried to make as little eye contact with Kaito as possible.

God she dispised him but Maki hated confrontation and would rather not make eye contact incase he could sense it.

Other than sitting with Shuichi and Kaito it was a normal lunch for Maki. Same for Kaito but vice versa.

Word count: 322
A/N: OK first part of what's gonna be a long story 😅 Hopefully people stick around. Part 2 should be out around tomorrow!