Where It All Began...

After finishing up her lunch Maki headed to class. Oh no. She had biology.

Kaito would be there. She tried running to class so the purple haired boy wouldn't try to perk up a conversation with her but unfortunately her plan failed.

"Sooooo.... Maki, we both have biology wanna walk together?" Kaito suggested. Maki looked at him, annoyed.

"No." and steamed ahead. Kaito was taken aback but shrugged it off. Not everyone liked talking. He assumed Maki was one of those people.

---------------------------------------------------------

"OK class, before we're dismissed I must tell you that we are having another partner project."

Maki glanced at a girl, that girl was Tenko Chabashira. They had worked on projects together before and hit it off quite well. Tenko glanced back.

"So Maki are we partners again?" Tenko asked with a grin.

"If you're happy to." Maki said, smirking.

Just before leaving the classroom the teacher stopped them.

"Maki, Tenko, could you come here for a second."

"I know that you girls work well with eachother and I'd be happy for you to work together again but today I must ask you a favour. If you don't recall last time Kaito and Miu were partners they're project was a monstrosity because the time they were supposed to be working they only talked and made a joke sideshow instead of a serious one. I know you girls are sensible so that's why Tenko, you're going with Miu and Maki, you're going with Kaito."

Maki's heart sank at the news. Why of all people was it him?

WC:258