Study Date?

Why did this happen?
Why was it him?
The person she despised the most in her school.

"So. Me and you Maki?" Kaito said with a cheesy grin.

"You're my only option." Maki blankly whispered to herself.

---------------------------------------------------------

After school Kaito tried to find Maki.

"Maki! There you are! Studying at my place or yours?"

"I would let you decide but I do live in a house with screaming children so we kinda need to go yours." Maki replied

Kaito nodded and they began to walk to his house. He tried making small talk but Maki would either give yes or no answers or just flat out wouldn't reply.

"OK we're here."

---------------------------------------------------------

"So Maki, what's the project on? I uhhhh wasn't listening." Kaito said sheepishly.

"Photosynthesis, you know like the plants." Maki spoke.

"Oh yeah, I do recall learning about that. It's when the plants take in the carbon dioxide we breathe out to give us oxygen, right?"

Maki nodded. Maybe he wasn't so dumb after all. No, she can't jump to conclusions. He did say one smart thing but that can't make up for him tripping over a drainpipe on the way to his house.

The two decided to make a fact sheet. They thought it would be unique since mostly everyone else would be doing a sideshow. It had a big sunflower in the middle. They planned to have the carbon dioxide and oxegyn particles floating around it and then would label all the different parts.

Time flew by. They only managed to finish the sketch and the sunflower petals but it was fine since they still had until Monday to finish the project.

"So Maki meet me after school tomorrow so we can continue?"

"Yeah sure. I'll bring some of the kids felt, they don't use it and I doubt they'll get mad if I take it."

"Oh before you leave here's my number so we can chat about the project OK? Bye Maki!" Kaito handed Maki a peice of paper with his phone number on it and she waved.

She smiled on the way home. Kaito wasn't as bad as she thought, she didn't like him but she didn't hate him either. As she walked home she opened the peice of paper which was folded. It did have Kaito's number as she assumed but it also had 'And it doesn't just need to be for the project, we can chat about normal stuff if you want :)' written in the corner. I guess this is Kaito's way of saying he wanted to be friends right? She put the paper in her jacket pocket as she arrived at the orphanage. A small girl tugged her skirt when she stepped inside.

"Maki, Maki! Where were you?" She asked.

"I was working on a project with my friend. I'm gonna go change into my pyjamas, ok?"

"OK Maki! Come down for dinner after, we're having spaghetti!"

Maki ran to her room. Because of her being older than everyone she got her own room unlike the other kids who had to share. She also got her own room because since she was 17 and almost an adult it was unlikely she would be adopted. She went red. Why would she call Kaito her friend? She hated him 5 hours ago. Why now does she consider him a friend?

WC: 556
A/N: Thank you to the person who voted on the last chapter! Chapter 4 will be written and out tommorow!