The End Of The School Year

After finishing the project Maki and Kaito didn't talk, with summer break coming up they didn't have time to speak. Not like Maki wanted to anyway. Kaito tried texting her but she'd normally leave him on read or write the occasional 'stop texting me'

The more she didn't talk to him and ignored his texts she began to develop hatred for him again, she affirmed herself she was being unreasonable but she felt like she hated him again. This was a bad habit of hers.

---------------------------------------------------------

As she was leaving school for Summer break she heard footsteps quickly approach her.

"Maki! Me Shuichi and Kaito are going out for dinner tomorrow to commerate out last school year as juniors, do you wanna come?" Kaede was smiling behind her. Maki was excited until she mentioned Kaito, although it did deter her she didn't want to pass up the opportunity to go the a nice restaurant with her best friend.

"Sure, I'm happy to." Maki said.

"It's a date then! I'll message you the details. See you tommorow bye!" Kaede waved as she ran away. Maki raised her hand in response. She proceeded to hum to herself on the walk home. As she took a detour through the park she thought to herself: next time she goes to school she'll be a senior. New classes, new opportunities. Maki didn't want to stress about it to much so she walked over the the Koi pond to look at the fish. She enjoyed doing it and found it thereputic. She was happy.

---------------------------------------------------------

"OK so I'll wait for you outside, I'll message you when I'm there. The restaurant is only a couple minutes away from here so we're just gonna walk, I'll see you there bye!" Maki put down her phone after talking to Kaede. She was finishing up her makeup, she had a fight with eyeliner and unfortunately lost so she was using a sharpie. It would stain but atleast she'd have unremovable eyeliner for about a week so that's one less thing to do in the morning, right?

As she pulled her hair back into a tight ponytail her phone beeped, Kaede was here. She ran downstairs and outside to see Kaede and Shuichi waiting for her.

"Glad you could make it, Maki. Kaito lives on the same street as the restaurant so we'll just meet him there, he's booked a table for us so we don't need To worry about it being full!" Kaede exclaimed. Maki nodded. She knew what restaraunt iy was since she had been a Kaito's house for the project. It was a sushi restaurant.

"OK we're here" Shuichi said and they headed inside.

WC: 444
A/N: Sorry for not updating lol, bad writers block. I have an idea for the next chapter so it should be out soon! Thank you for all the love on the series so far!