15.

CORA POV

Today was it. New Year's Eve. Nothing special in the way we celebrated it. We usually just had a meal and then counted down the midnight. The twins usually set of some fire works after finding out that's what muggles did. Count down the last money of the year and boom fire works. It was mainly Arthur's idea. He brought the the fireworks each year. Molly always tried to stop them but always needed up enjoying them.

The Yule ball was held on Christmas Day so we never got to do presents. We decided to them today instead. I was so excited to give Fred my gift. It was a photo album. I know such a common gift but I think he will love it. The Weasley's were great full people. They never cared about what they got. Or if they fit anything. They just loved being with the people they love. They where always over joyful at the smallest gifts.

We were all sat together giving gifts. Molly had made everyone her signature Weasley Christmas jumpers. She gave me one too. I was always so great full on how she treated me as family. Me and my parents have all the Weasley their favourite sweets and chocolates like we did every Christmas. The Weasley was were on jumper duty we were on sweets. I loved spending Chris with them.

Me and Fred were sitting outside, wrapped in coats and jumpers. Snow was still falling all around us. Fred had his arm wrapped around me. I was slightly on edge as two any of our parents could walk out at any moment.

"I really like you corrie."

I smiled up at him, "I like you too Fred."

"Good." He said with an amused look on his as he pulled me closer to him.

I just laughed and shook my head.

"Come on I've got something for you." I said standing up and putting my hand out to help him.

"And what would that be"

"Come on"

We sat on his bed as I handed him the gift. He looked at me confused.

"what is this?"

"A gift you idiot, what does it look like?"

"I know that but why?"

"Christmas"

"But you already have me a gift"

"My family. Not from me in particular."

"corrie-"

"Oh will you just shut up and open it."

He looked at me and smiled gratefully. He began to opens. His eyes lit up. He flipped through the book of our memories. His smile growing at each one. The book had photos from when we were babies up to now. He looked up at me.

"Can I kiss you?" He said suddenly and rushed.

I simply nodded my head and he leaned in. I loved kissing Fred. Even though we had only shared a few they were always the best. It always felt so right. So perfect. Like in that moment nothing else mattered. Fred was special. He really was. He wasn't like other boys I had known. He actually cared for me. Of course the rest of the Weasley cared for me. But Fred cared in different way. And I was thankful for it.

~~~~~~~~~~

The twins had found this new way for the fireworks to go off on their own. Like in a timer. So that meant that they could stand with the rest of us.

As midnight drew nearer I began to be more anxious. Fred had said he wanted a kiss at midnight. Sure we had had a few kisses before but I was anxious for this one. I had always dreamed of a kiss at midnight. Some muffle tradition I remembered Ginny telling me about one year. Even more nervous as to where he was going to kiss me. Was he going to kiss me in front of our family. That was my main concern. We weren't dating so I didn't want our parents to know. If he kissed me and they saw they were sure to ask questions. But then again maybe the wouldn't. George was bound more of an issue.