18. DAEMEON'S LOVE

I walked out of the chambers without saying much to the Aran. I was speechless. My first impression of the Aran was all about the elegancy, power, dominance and majesty. But after peeking through the curtains of his wide memories made me realise... I had underestimated his power, his sufferings, his ways.

My shoes were echoing the corridors. But I did not take heed to the passing maids and soldiers.

As I took a turn down the hallway, i bumped into someone.

'Deameon....' I said calmly. 'Josephine...' he replied looking at my eyes. He refused to remove his eyes from mine, so I took the initiative.

'How do you do love?' he asked quietly.

'Better' I said, and then whispered to myself 'Now that I know what I have to do'.

Daemeon looked at me concerned and asked 'Would you like to converse all this with a cup of herbal tea?'.

'No' I said plainly.

'How about we take a walk down my father's garden' he asked smiling.

'No' I replied yet again.

'How about we visit the streets of Merobolis?' he asked feeling slightly distressed.

'No' I said annoyed.

'How about-' he started to ask when I shouted 'NO!!!' and stormed off, leaving the heartbroken elven prince behind.

I was now sitting at the stool at my room looking through my window. Below I saw Luthiann teaching Emily on how to wield a sword. And a few distances away I saw Airen practising archery with couple of other guards.

I pushed myself from the window and turned to my bed.

It's the third week now. Both me and Emily would leave after a few days. But something felt out of place. Something made me feel it would be incomplete if I just leave. Because now, now I figured out my purpose as Josephine. As Averinia.

I have no idea where to start or where to understand the root of the problems.

The orcs are about to create a war on behalf of Emily and me. We are uninvited threats.

I had to stop them. But I need a a base to understand. I figured the start of the problem.

The mysterious mad man. He is the one I need to understand. Who was he? What was his purpose? What was he trying to find from my room... from me??

From underneath my pocket I felt a sudden heat.

I helped and pulled the amethyst necklace from my pockets. And to my astonishment I saw it glowing blood red.

I placed it in my palm cautiously. Ah I wished I had asked the Aran about this, he would have known a thing or two about it, but I really don't want to face him after that encounter. I wish I was a little more kinder to him.

So I weighed my options and heaved myself up in determination. And walked towards the spot where I had met Daemeon last.

I roamed around the corridor searching for him but he was nowhere.

I was going to give up hope when I saw a glimmer of silver hair walk inside the forest. Daemeon must be going to the part of the forest which he considers his paradise.

I snuck outside and ran past the soldiers. I don't know why I thought I was stealthy as the soldiers can clearly see me walking past them in a hurry.

My gown was not made for forest walks and were made of these smooth lacy materials so that it started to tear down the ruffles.

I ran to the glade and looked around.