Chapter 10- Eren

I have some stuff to do for work on Monday, and so does Levi, so I head out around lunch time. I'm left really confused about the whole dream situation, but also determined to get to the bottom of it. Levi was more shaken and exhausted by it than I was. I wish I could do something to make him feel better. 

Am I going to go home and actually do any of the stuff for tomorrow? Fuck no, that's a Monday Eren problem. I know that Levi has been doing a lot of research, even before he met me. Before I met him, I didn't really care or think about the dreams I had been having, but when I saw how it affected him, it made me want to help in anyway that I can. So, I'm going to do some research of my own to take some of the pressure off of Levi. 

I rush into my apartment, kicking my shoes off in opposite directions and throwing my jacket over the back of the couch. My phone is almost dead so I plug it in, and then get my laptop, its charger, a notebook, and some pens and put all of it on the kitchen table. My phone still on the charger, I pick it up and call Armin; he's always been so much better at things like this and I think he could really help. 

"Hello?" 

"Armin. Are you busy?" 

"Not currently, why? What have you gotten yourself into now?" I can hear the smile in his voice. 

"I need your help but it's a lot to explain over the phone. When are you coming back to the apartment?" 

"I'm at the store right now, but I can be back soon." 

"Okay hurry, this is important." I kneel down on the ground and blindly search for the outlet under the table with my charger. 

"Are you okay?" he asks, sounding genuinely concerned. 

"No, yeah I'm okay. I'll explain more when you get back. See you soon." 

"Alright Eren, I'll be quick." And he hangs up. 

After successfully plugging my charger in and hooking my laptop up to it, I make my next phone call. 

"What?" 

"How fast can you be over here?" 

"Why?" 

"Cause I need your help." 

"Why? Are you hurt? Did you get your hand stuck in the blender again?" 

"Mikasa– no. I just need your help with something and it will be easier to explain in person. So, can you come over?" 

"I'll be there in ten." And she hangs up. 

Mikasa and Armin are going to think I've finally lost it when they hear this. 

****

"Wait, wait, wait. You what?" Armin looks so lost. 

"Where did you meet him? Is he nice? And he's not your sugar daddy?" Mikasa's arms are crossed over her chest and she's looking at me through narrow eyes. 

Mikasa and Armin are sitting on one side of the table and I'm sitting on the other. This is starting to feel more like an interrogation than anything else. 

"Mikasa, no offense, but you took all the wrong things away from everything I just told you." I rest my forehead against my palm. 

"I took away the important things." 

"I disagree. I'll tell you more about it later, but right now the dream thing is what's important."