Morijack: Christmas Ball

Morrigan rushed to Dame Chanda and told her that she needed a dress for the ball.

"Ok dear, so naturally you'll be wanting black-"

"Actually, I was thinking of wearing red, as it's a Christmas party." Dame Chanda looked like she was going to burst with happiness.

"Do you mind me asking, dear, who has the pleasure of taking you to the ball?" Asked Dame Chanda whilst she was siphoning through dress options. To Morrigan's surprise, she had had her seamstress make dozens different dresses for Morrigan, hoping she would come around soon.

"Oh" said Morrigan, turning approximately the shade of her new dress, "Just Jack, but only as friends" she finished, not meeting Dame Chanda's eyes. If Dame Chanda had looked happy before, she could have fainted now.

"OH! Have you two finallyyyy realised?"

"Realised what?"

"That you like each other!" Said Dams Chanda, as if she was explaining one plus one to a toddler.

"What!?" Said Morrigan, turning a astonishing shade of red.

"Oh Mog, everyone has been able to yell since the week you two first met!" She gave up the matter when Morrigan was too embarrassed to speak and they eventually decided on a dress. Dark, ruby red, that reached the floor with simple, thin straps with black high heels. Morrigan was deeply impressed with herself for being so different.

Morrigan had invited the entirety of unit 919 to come to the ball, and surprisingly everyone said they would be coming, except for Anah, because she was on holiday with her family. The ball was to start at 7pm sharp, so she had instructed her unit to come at quarter to 7.

When it was 10 minutes to the hour, there was a muffled banging coming from the black door,

"MORRIGAN OPEN THE DOOR!" She heard Hawthorne yell. She drew herself away from the mirror, pressed her W print to the door and in stumbled her friends. Cadence surprisingly said to Morrigan "Wow... you look a-mazing!" She cried. Morrigan was quite pleased with her appearance too. She was wearing the red dress and black high heels she and Dame Chanda had chosen and she had even asked Dame Chanda to do some very light makeup on her face. Her hair had been curled properly by Martha who had seemed more excited then Morrigan was.

"Thanks, Caddy" All of the friends socialised for a while and then they realised the time and started to head down to the main ballroom, where the party was to be held. The massive doors to the ballroom were thrown open so the music and people's conversations could be heard floating down the hallways form miles away. Morrigan walked in and tried to spot Jack. After searching for a few seconds someone tapped her shoulder and she turned around.

"Looking for me?" Said Jack

"Yeah, obviously" replied Morrigan

"Wow! Mog, Er... I, you" he stuttered

"Yes?" She said, edging him on.

"You look.... beautiful" he said smiling in an embarrassed manner.

"Oh!" Said Morrigan blushing furiously "Thank you Jack!"

"Oi you two!" Hawthorne yelled "Can it!" Jack and Morrigan laughed and Jack pulled her onto the dance floor.

"Erm Jack?"

"Yes Mog?" He said, holding her hand.

"I don't dance"

"Well you do now!" Morrigan rolled her eyes and allowed herself to be pulled further onto the floor.

They ended up dancing for hours, to be upbeat, vibrant songs. Once Jack put his hands on Morrigan's waist and lifted her up in the air, and she squealed, something very unusual for Morrigan.

"Jack!" She said as she stumbled, in her high-heels, but he took her hands and steadied her and they danced even more. After another two dances Morrigan said breathlessly to Jack "Jack I'm going to go get something to eat, do you want anything?"

"No thanks, I'll get us some drinks, meet me at the drinks table ok?" Morrigan nodded and walked over to the food table and grabbed a small, chocolate cupcake. Most of her unit was standing beside the table, telling jokes and laughing loudly.

"Hello Mog, how's it been going with Jack?" Asked Cadence, with a sly grin on her face.

"Wonderful!" Replied Morrigan starring towards the drinks table dreamily.

"How's your boyfriend going, Mog?" Asked Hawthorne. She nearly dropped her cake.

"What?" She said incredulously, and blushing madly, "he's not my boyfriend Hawthorne, we're just friends!"

"Oh please, if your really 'just friends', I'll eat Cadence." Retaliated Hawthorne.

"You will what Hawthorne?" Said Cadence incredulously. Morrigan ignored them both.

"I've got to go meet Jack at the drinks table, are you two coming or not?" She asked. They both agreed and they walked through crowds of mingling guests to get to the drinks table. And what she saw next made her heart shatter into a million pieces.