I should have never

He came to me with such a sweet smile, the sweetest and kindest smile you'd see. My heart instantly skipped a beat, but I focused more on someone else, distracted myself with him so I wouldn't be swept up by that sweet dangerous smile.

But I was swept up by the words that flowed from behind that smile, the encouragement and love those sentences that were formed by him held so much power and grace that it destroyed my walls of fear and anxiety so beautifully.

I no longer distracted myself with someone else and rather paid full attention to him. I gave him my all, my love and support and I cherished those moments, even when they were through a screen where I wasn't the only one he spoke to. I was so happy when I saw him. That smile lit up my world. I was intent on seeing him smile even from afar.

But that happiness didn't last long. It vanished rather quickly. I didn't see it coming but before I knew it I could no longer look at him. The smile he had, still the same, would now only wound my heart, The words that flowed from behind that smile only cut into me, deeply scarring me. Yet he continued to smile unknowingly, continued to encourage, fight and smile.

I realized then that I was the only one hurting from him, while others found courage from him in that dire situation, I only found darkness and pain. If I had knew that that was only the beginning of my pain. I would have never fallen for that sweet, sweet smile.