iv. bruised

kind of a short chapter, a bit boring um i am still getting used to certain character's voices. like novella's comes so naturally because she thinks just like me, and gianna and kennedy have pretty strong personalities so their povs are easier. im still developing the boys' personalities and voices as i go along...i have no clue what goes through most boys' heads so idk if it even sounds like it's coming from a boy lmao

okay um sorry, here's the chapter.

>>>

'i just wanna fix this

you don't wanna try

if you dont wanna be

why you always on my line?

putting your peace over mine? 

meet me in the middle'

(tinashe)

>>>

atticus

"My room later?" Kennedy asks casually as we stroll across the cobblestoned path on campus to our next classes.

I raise an eyebrow. "Still blunt as ever, I see."

She rolls her dark coffee brown eyes, adjusting her black leather backpack over her shoulder.

"I'm already stressed. I need to blow off some steam."

"Thank God, because so do I." I breathe and she laughs.

God.

That laugh.

"Well even if I weren't here, you could just call up Tara, or Marie, or Jessica," She starts to tick off every one of the girls I normally fool around with on her fingers.

"...or Lucy, or-"

"I haven't seen any of them in months." I interrupt and it seemingly takes her off guard.

"You haven't?"

"Nope. Not since you and I first..."

I glance over at her and I watch her struggle to keep a pleased look off her beautiful face.

"Now don't go thinking you're special,' I warn her.

She gives me a foudroyant grin. "Oh but I am special."

"N-"

"You don't let other girls stay over, you don't let them talk to you outside of the bedroom, you don't kiss them, you don't know them the way we do-"

"Because you're different," I say through gritted teeth.

"Exactly." She beams. "I'm special."

I roll my eyes and avoid eye contact with her, hoping she wouldn't see right through me, because right now I feel so pellucid. I'm astonished she can't hear it in my voice when I speak-that my feelings for her go way beyond the concupiscent label we'd plastered on us.

Getting away from her seems like a necessity now, because she is making me feel things I haven't felt before. So I stretch my long legs and begin to walk faster, letting her short little legs work to keep up with my strides.

The wind is nippy on my face as we proceed with our walk towards the science building, where I am going to walk her to and then head to my next class.

The sun had risen to its full pinnacle, its temperate rays grazing my skin gently. The tree branches sway gently, leaves rustling above us as we pass through the quad filled with students who are either hurrying to class or are busy lounging and gossiping on the lawn.