v. champagne

k so i didnt mean for this to be completely novella's pov but it just came out that way. double update since the last one was short and boring :)

>>>

'what if we never met?

wondering in pointless conversation

what if we never said 

'hello' and 'what's your name?'

and maybe i 

could die

treading water

drowning under moonlight sonata'

(blackbear)

>>>

iv. speechless 

novella

"If he doesn't kiss you, I will scream." Kennedy announces, twisting this way and that in the mirror in her olive green silk dress.

"Who?" I ask innocently, wincing as the earring I am trying to put on pierces my skin where it isn't supposed to.

"Julian, who else?" The silk dress swirls around her feet as Kennedy whips around to wiggle her dark smoky eyes at me.

She looks beautiful.

The delicate color against her dark skin was a sweet contrast, along with the pearl necklace around her neck. It's clear she isn't comfortable in it; her hands keep catching the edge of the fabric, tugging on the material nervously. I don't think I've seen her in such a fancy dress, whereas dressing up like this is a regular occurence with my family. My father was always having special dinners with his clients, or dinner parties with his coworkers that required elegance and beauty that I had to work hard to show off.

This gala thing that Julian sprung on us last minute, it's something I'm used to. Kennedy, however, was ecstatic when she found out she can wear her fake eyelashes.

"Julian isn't going to kiss me," I roll my eyes and grab my makeup bag, settling down in front of the mirror.

"Oh come on." Kennedy huffs, "He's the Heathcliff to your Catherine, the Laurie to your Jo-"

"Those are abominable examples."

"Well-" she pauses. "When was the last time you were even kissed?"

I feel my cheeks burn at the question, and so I keep my eyes trained on the brush I am using to smooth out my foundation.

"Nova," Kenny prompts, and I just shrug, avoiding the question.

Kennedy makes a noise of annoyance and sits at the edge of my bed, watching me. "You are too uptight, girl. I am telling you, me and Atticus-"

I feel my cheeks burn at her comment and I glare at her through the mirror.

She laughs and holds up her hands in surrender. "I am just being honest. Now will you please answer my question?"

"I can't." I say truthfully.

"Why not?"

"Because I-" My voice catches in my throat. This is so embarrassing.

"Wait," Kenny says softly, "You've never been kissed before, have you?"

I blush and glance away.

"Aww, Baby Nove!" Kennedy squeals and I shake my head, returning to my makeup.