xxii. insane

surprise! i was two chapters ahead of what i had published on here and i reallllly wanna keep going cause the plot is picking up so enjoy

>>>

xxii. insane

devil in a dress, imma love you like i do

follow the white rabbit to see the truth

imma need to feel that, imma need to feel it too

follow the white rabbit to see the truth, truth, truth...

(madison beer).

kennedy

I must be insane to show up like this.

It's the middle of the night. I'm wearing a pair of red pajama shorts and a tiny black shirt, shivering in the hallway of the boys' dorms.

I was too focused on getting to Atticus that I didn't even put a bra on, or fix my rat's nest hair.

All I could think about was him.

Because, I'm done.

I'm done hiding.

I'm going to tell him what I feel, how I feel.

He has to hear me out. He has to.

I momentarily forget that there are people trying to sleep in the other rooms-it's midnight.

I'd tried to sleep earlier, but it wasn't working. Nothing was working. Hooking up with other people wasn't working. Keeping my distance wasn't working.

Nothing is working.

And it's been driving me insane, being away from him for so long.

No, he has to hear me out. If he doesn't, it'll crush me, but I have to try.

He opens the door to his dorm looking panicked but not sleepy; I hadn't woken him up.

He's shirtless with a pair of sweatpants, his hair tousled on his head, eyebrows drawn into confusion.

"Kennedy?" He whispers, "What-"

I swallow the words out of his mouth. I took those letters right off his lips by pressing mine to his. Cutting him off abruptly, totally and utterly stunned as I kiss him harder than I ever have before, like I'm drowning and he's my lifesaver, like I can't breathe without his touch.

He smells like sandalwood and soap, and it makes my heart thrash violently in my chest, as if it was ready to jump out of my body.

My hands cup his cheeks, sliding over slight stubble.

He makes a noise of surprise, and just when I'm starting to panic, to think that this was all a mistake, he pulls me into him with a groan, tugging me into his room. I kick the door closed with a heel as I stumble in, arching up onto my tip toes, opening my lips under his. He curses softly under his breath and his hands grip my hips tightly as he kisses me back, spinning us around until the back of my knees hit the edge of the mattress.

He pushes me slightly, a feverish look on his face, and I fall onto my back on his bed.

"Kennedy," He groans and leans over me, bracing himself with his arm above my head. I touch him everywhere-the delicate slope of his stomach, the hard planes of his back, the valleys and edges of his arms that tense everywhere I touch him.