Weeding

"...and then, she told me everything like this.", I finished.

I was walking while explaining Lilly's story to Captain in the backyard.

A nice place, where Lilly can't find me.

If she gets to know that I told Captain, she will chop me into pieces.

"My god! I have known that Miss Linton is different, but so much! It's incredible!" He said with
an understanding smirk.

He looks damn good while smiling, and better while smirking.
One second, where did this thought come from?

You're mad. You were mad earlier too, but now, you are mad in another way.

Just shut up! Can't my mind give me some personal time?

Umm..with Captain?? Why not.

Ufff

"Please Captain Carter, don't you dare tell Lilly.", I warned him.
"And what if I do?".

He tilted his head down to have eye contact with me. "I can't hide such a  story. I have to tell someone, otherwise, I may die thinking about this."

"Ufff... Captain, don't try blackmailing me.", I said. "You can tell someone you trust. You
know, like a fairy tale to your partner...", I said dramatically.

"I thought she already knew." He whispered slightly but it was audible enough for me to hear.

Holy-Moly!!!

I did the only thing I am an expert at. Blushing. Can't my face be a little tanned so that my tomato red cheeks don't appear?

Stop acting like this. Be Adaira.
Yes, he can't do this easily.

"What Captain??" I asked dramatically. "You still want to marry Lilly? What about this
arrangement of marriage we were doing for the past few days. Don't think of Brother but please think of poor Ella."

Three seconds of silence and then we both burst into laughter.

"No Lady Adaira, I was-" Captain was just going to say something when someone interrupted us. "What the hell are you doing with her."

My heart sank. No, it can't be!

There he stood, half injured. His voice said he had lost something.

Lord Daniel Eugene Dalgliesh

"And who are you, Mister?", Captain asked.

"Lord.", Lord Dalgliesh said his gaze was still scanning us. "Lord Daniel Eugene Dalgliesh."

"And you can go back to where you came from.", I barked at him remembering my past and incidents with Lilly. This bastard! "We didn't invite you. Get out of here in a second you desgraçado."

"Oh, so this kitten knows different languages, does she?" He said glaring at me.

I encircled my hand around Captain's arm.

I don't know why but I get uncomfortable in front of this man.

And Captain made you feel comfortable huh?

"Leave her!!", Lord Dalgliesh said angrily.

"And who are you to order me?", Captain asked. "You are not her brother to have a right on her."

"I have rights on her."

"No, you don't.", I said. Can my brother come here please? I would love to hear his lecture...but I can't handle this man anymore. How does he always find me? "Just get the hell out of here, or I will tell my brother. You know what happens then."

"Are you trying to warn me?" He asked raising one eyebrow.

"No, I am threatening you.", I explained.

“Hmm... I see. Your brother is already enough trouble for me.", he said. My grip was tightening around Captain's arm. "But, you!", he pointed towards Captain. "Stay away from ." She's mine.”, he said and left.her

What the hell he just said.

"I am not.", I cleared myself.

"Ignore him he's mad.", I cleared my throat, maintaining proper distance.

It seemed like Captain was also shocked by my sudden action. "Right. I think he is mad at
you."

I laughed. He is the only one who can make me laugh at such times too.

~~~~~~

My brother is getting married.

My brother is getting married!!

Married!!!!!!!!

With Lilly!!

Now Lilly is my sister!!

Their night is going to be fun!
-For them.

"Now you can kiss the b-" my brother didn't even listen to the full sentence, and attached his
lips with Lilly's. He really is a beast.

Goodness, he is not going to leave Lilly. Oh god!My eyes! Can't he see that his sister and mother are right in front of him?
He let go of Lilly, and her now stuffed eyes met mine.

"Oh, Lilly, my dear! It's happened! It has finally, truly happened! I just can't quite believe it, and, oh... I hope you remain extremely happy!" My mother said, squeezing her.

"So do I!" Without waiting for my mother to let go, I grabbed hold of Lilly. "And make sure you give me at least one cute little nephew before you kill each other, all right?"

It would be great to play with small children.

She blushed deeply. I didn't want to say any comment to my brother, so I left.

5 minutes later, Captain Carter arrived.

"Captain, what if my brother sees you?", I asked him. He can't always follow me...

"I think he is pretty busy.", he smirked.

That's for sure... My brother might have gone somewhere, so I got some time to spend with Captain.

~~~~~~~~

How was the update?

I do think it's not right to tell Captain Carter Lilly's truth, but that's just my imagination.

So, if in the future, in Sir Rob's series, if they meet, my theory doesn't stand. Or, I might
delete this update, and rewrite it.

Any queries are welcome.

Do vote and comment on this chapter.

For Lilly the queen.