Staring Compitition

Blinking through my wet eyes I tried recognising the face.

chance!

Rubbing my eyes, I found the least wanted person... Lord Adrien.

I was shaking from head to toe. He was looking at me with confusion.

KnockHimOutAndRunKnockHimOutAndRunknockHimOutAndRunKnockHimOutAndRun

Oh no no no no no!

PunchPunchPunchPunch

"Are you okay?" He asked. "God, don't you have eyes? I was surprised to encounter you-"

As an encounter with a gun.

"-here, and what's up to you? Not even two hours are left for your wedding, and you're roaming around!", He noticed my bag.

"You... you're running?" I kept quiet. I didn't want to explain. He could understand better.

I didn't glance at him. I just kept looking at my shoes. Oh, how beautiful they are… What a
unique colour and design... just oo la la. And the-

"Are you listening to me? Answer me." I had never heard this angry voice of his.

Looking straight into his eyes I nodded.

Don't fear from a small businessman, I am brave.

If he doesn't let me go, I will tell him why I have 7 knives with me. Yes, that sounds fair enough.

Would you kill him?

Kill? Obviously not! I would just damage him to the extent that he won't be able to say a word and stand up again...

I beg to differ.

"I... umm... Lord Adrien, I was... just.." I was trying to make sense, but I just wasn't able to.

Is that how a brave person talks?

Is that how the inner voice talks huh? Shut up! Let me handle it.

Look up, and-

"Are you seriously running?? Is that even an option?" He said looking dangerous. "You can't run from problems Adaira, you have to face them, are you that much of a coward?"

His grip on my hands was tightening every second. It was kind of starting to hurt now.

"I. Am. Not. A. Coward." I whispered. "It's the best I can do now. It's the only way I can save
myself" trying to loosen the grip.

"I didn't know you are so selfish! Think of your mother and father... Think of what Dalgliesh will do to them!" He said. "Think about Dalgliesh, he is at the church, waiting for you-"

Well, that makes sense. Obviously, he won't let them go so easily. It will take Rick a minimum of a week to reach here.

Let it not affect you, be strong, be strong.

"I don't give a damn about your brother! And, I know the impact this will have on my parents... so mind your own business.", I said, and got out of his grip.

After I did, I didn't waste a second to run forward.
But as usual, he grabbed me back and I stumbled on my own foot, and landed straight (butt-on) on the floor.

"Bloody hell! What do you want? Why can't you let me go? I don't have time!!", I yelled at him.

Actually, I was angry at the fact that he didn't prevent my fall.

"Of course this is my business! I am your friend!", he said and gave me a hand for help. "Come here."

I didn't take his hand, so he roughly positioned me up and shifted me and himself in Dalgliesh's room, and closed the door.

I was just going to say something, when I heard footsteps going past.

Ok, so maybe he saved me.

"So, I am telling you that you- Did you just tear all the documents of Lord Dalgliesh?" He looked at the scattered paper all over the room.

"Indeed," I said innocently.

"You... Ok so let's assume that your father and mother prevented Dalgliesh's anger... Where
are you going?"

"Paris." I shrugged.

"How?"

Ok, so that's a valid question,how?
Me the great who puts gowns, chocolate, bread, even seven knives doesn't get concerned to have a little money with me?

"Ummm... I don't know." I admitted.

"Being so brave to run away and having so many knives to kill any person in front of you,-"

"Hey, how do you know about the knife-"

"-you should have had a proper plan to proceed with those horrible outcomes..." He continued, ignoring my question. "So, I advise you to put this bag here, and let's head towards the church-"

"Over my dead body!", I said and he stared at me.

I glared back.

He stared more.

I shot my laser vision.

Preventing my laser vision, he gazed back at me with fire in his eyes.

I shot my glacier-laser-vision with double the speed.

"Bloody hell! Fine... since you are not backing off, let's make a plan." He said, finally accepting defeat.

~~~~~~~

"Hey... excuse me, can you help me here?", saying that, Lord Adrien distracted the guard, and I jumped in the nearby bush.

Many insects and birds didn't like me interfering in their privacy, so they all ran away. More space.

"Did you hear that?" The guard looked towards my bush.

"No, I didn't. Now, come here I want a suggestion." Grabbing him he vanished in the open corridor, whereas I am here in the bush moving to another one.

Adrien told me that I have to go just a little more, and there is a coach ready for me.

It will take me directly to the coast and I can find a ship for France from there.

After that, I have to manage myself.

He is such a nice guy. A true friend. I will manage, let all the things go smoothly.

After going through the bushes... and more bushes, my white wedding gown looked terrifying! It was full of twigs and green leaves.

I spotted the coach. It was green, and was very well camouflaged in its green surroundings I ran to it, and sat in, without waiting the man asked me to be in it.

At last, I am safe.

The sounds of horses rose and we departed.

________________________________

*Having a shield to protect me*

Oh did I write cold voice, did it distract you👀

Believe me I loved when everyone guessed wrong, I just wanted to create suspence.

Anyways that's all for today.

How was the chapter?

Do votes and comments.