Chapter 2

Holding the bag of hot noodles I walk outside our shop. I'm going to Jiyeon's house to watch our favorite series - Friends. She loves eating noodles from our shop, so my Mom thought I should bring this with me.

We actually have a noodle shop, and Mom cooks different noodle recipes. My Dad is a plastic surgeon and his clinic is located here in Gangnam, the other times he's at the hospital.

I left a message at Jiyeon before I took a bus to their home. She's been bugging me to come over since morning, but I have to help Mom at the shop and I only got my free time now.

Jiyeon

Come quick! I'll prepare now.

I chuckled and sent an emoji to her message. I glanced at the window and was awed at what I saw. Who could've forgotten, it is indeed spring already. I was waiting for months for this, so I took a detour near the Han River to witness the cherry blossoms.

"Wow they're all blooming already!" I gasp in excitement.

I stop as I watch a lot of petals slowly falling from its tree. I suddenly felt something I couldn't explain as my eyes wandered upon the beauty of it. It felt like something inside me awakened; excitement, longing, happiness.

I always heard that if you spend time with someone under the cherry blossoms there's a chance that you'd end up with him. That's why I kept seeing couples around here right now.

I was busy taking videos and photos when suddenly a bunch of couples kept asking me to take pictures of them. Am I the only one who's single here?

My mood turned sour, tourists and locals kept asking me to take pictures of them. And what sucks the most is that most of them are couples. Whilst a thirteen year old girl holding a bag of hot noodles is wandering around alone in this area.

Sounds pitiful, I look pitiful. After a while I decided to leave and just go straight to Jiyeon's house. Instead of taking the bus I just decided to walk my way there, it's not that far from here anyway and besides I like walking.

I sent photos and videos to our group chat as I walked. I laugh when I read Jiyeon's reply.

Jiyeon

Jieun!!! Did you forget to go here?! What are you doing there?? Where's my noodles?!

I was laughing as I typed my reply to her. As I was trying to find the perfect GIF to send to her I was surprised when I suddenly bumped into someone.

My eyes widened in horror when my phone flew into the air along with the bag of noodles I was holding. No, Jiyeon's going to kill me for this. I sigh and get up to get my phone, the guy I bumped into also dropped his phone.

I glared at him and he just glared back at me. The audacity to glare back at me! I heard him sigh, he stood up first and held out his hand for me. I was taken aback about his sudden gesture to me. I blink twice to process what I was seeing, I was hesitant at first but I decided to take his hand and he helped me stand.

I quickly pulled my hand from his grip as I was like being electrified. I didn't know why I did that but it surely did make me look nervous. I cleared my throat and looked away.

"You drop your food." the guy I bumped into talked. I slowly looked at him, and looked at the food that was lying on the ground.

Yes I know, don't state the obvious. I thought to myself. What am I going to say to Jiyeon now?

I'm sorry I dropped your food? Here's the money, go buy yourself another? - yeah, she's going to kill me.

"You dropped it on my shoe." he talked again, this time I gave him my attention.