The end of dreams

Authors note: Thank you for reading this far 🖤🖤
Don't forget to vote.

what happened to your soul
I see the bruises and the scars
he never deserved to touch your canvas
how'd you forget that you are art

R.H. Sin

"The league attacked them, he got injured pretty badly, the pack doctor is recommending some mates therapy."
"Are you fucking with me?!"
"No pretty damn serious."
"Benjamin came here to ask for that!"
"Yes Anna."
"Wow.."
"Shocking... a day they torture you.. another day they want you."
Anna laughed... she didn't know why she was laughing, she still didn't feel like anything... even her wolf didn't stirr numb as fucking usual... and she embrased the numbness.

"I don't know what the verdict down there is going to be... but i know something..."

Cane came close to Anna... he was so close..
"I am going to be next to you in anything you want."
"I am not her you know that."
Cane was shocked..
He didn't even think that she knew about her.

"I know."
He retreated to the chair in the corner. He seemed visibly shaken.

"How do you know about her?"
"It's not relevant the how, i just know."

"Just know that you don't need to be next to me, i am a grown women, i can lead my own battles. I learned that."

She learned that in her loneliness throughout the years.
Her father trained her body to fight... she trained her soul to do the same. She lost her belief in fairytales long time ago.. maybe when she stopped believing in the woman who narrated them.

Santa clause is not real just like mates bond isn't real. Apparently her mother didn't tell her about the fairytale that ruined their lives.
The history teacher tought her about it. And what she knows from history is that the leagues demise was a long hard century long battle. First time was a charm.. she doesn't know about the second one... but what she knows for sure is that this isn't her battle to fight."

A soft knock resonated in the room.
Frank entered, he saw them sitting in the far end of the room from each other.. each haunted by his own misery.

The man took a deep breath.. he didn't seem at ease with what he was about to do.. but he seemed resolved as usual.

"Cane you are dismissed."
"No i am staying here old man."
Frank wasn't used to the word. Cane moved next to her, all the sorrow was gone.. he knew deep down were the conversation was going. The man can't interfere in such things and he can't allow an alpha to die due to his actions it would be full on war.. and no sane man would want war with the paranormal.

"So he briefed of the situation at hand."
"Yes." Anna said calmly.
"Theodore checked, the information is not wrong.. they lost a lot of men.. the alpha is not doing good."

"You want me to go there!!!"

The man seemed tired.. like his true age suddenly was visible on his features.

"Yes Anna. I don't want you to go there. I need you to go there.it would be a war that no one wpuld want." He took a deep breath.

"They assured me that you won't be harmed in any way, they took an oath to that."

The silence in the room was like the last river in hades.

"I am going with her." Cane stated it as a fact.
"That is actualy not a bad idea." Frank said. The man seemed lost between two worlds his and theirs.

"When.." their was no point in arguying.
This man went and took her out of their dungeons. He wouldn't let her go there again if it wasn't imminent.

"Theodore is checking if he can send a man of his pack with you... to ensure your safety."
Cane laughed at that.
"No one would go with her. Why would they want to protect the daughter of the traitor."

Cane laughed. "Thats why you agreed to my proposal directly... you sure are not a delusional man."

"Great so you and i agree on the same terms." Frank said while looking into the beasts eyes.

"Yes totally old man. You can't protect her there.. it's not your world."
"What can protect her is the oath the man down there took. But your presence there is just a guarantee... so don't be too full of yourself, you are still under my roof.. and i already saved your life once i can easily take too."

"Understood old man. You don't trust them with the oath, thats why you want me there."
"I don't trust anyone thats why i want you there."

Anna moved to the window again she thought of Sebastian. She didn't know why he seemed like a distant past. A beauriful one. She smiled at that.
The silence rained back again on the room.
Anna turned.
"Are you alright!"
"Yes uncle Frank."
She was lying through her teeth, it has been a long time since she was alright.
Maybe that last night when she was sleeping soundly in her pack house bed dreaming of innocence and fairytales was the last day she was alright. But now she knows that hope is a dangerous thing... she doesn't dream she doesn't hope.

Beasts became reality... she just lives for the memories of happy moments when she wasn't as numb.

For the time being she knew that she had no other choice.

Frank came and kissed her forehead.
"Now we need to ensure your safety." Frank said while looking at Cane.

"This is going to be fun." Cane said sarcasticaly.

Frank left the room. Anna went back to the piano and her melody. Cane went back to the chair in the corner... they both went back to their memories of better times.

They didn't know what the future is holding for both of them.. they both chose to bask in memories not in hopes or dreams.