Another dream

Authors note: Thank you for reading this far 🖤🖤
Don't forget to vote.
Plz check out my other story, i'd appreciate your feedback.

True mates, rejected at second sight maybe, she doesn't remember well. Tortured for being her, for her family name.
She just took the hand of this stranger and sat.... she had music blasting through her ears. She just needed a high sound in her ears. Maybe to cover the silence from her wolf, may to atone to the silence of this room. But she just found rest in her music. She was aching for some training, aching for a fight... but it wasn't a good feeling, never was.
Cane stood all the time... he had the same stance of the men standing there... for an outsider he seemed like one of these men... like a brother... but she could see the tics of the beast... even the two men could see it... they were on edge all the time.
She removed her hand from her mates and leened back in the chair. She slept there. It was like she didn't sleep in ages. She redreamt of her own pack land of the daisies, of the forest.
But what if? What if she liked the concrete forest more now?! Is that even possible?!

Lunch was delivered to a room next to HIS... they went there, her and Cane.
She knew he was angry, he got a phone call. His features were getting better, they were more distorted on the beast side. He stood... i have to leave for the afternoon... if you need anything call me.
"Promise Anna." He said to her with urgency like he truly needed to leave, but the guilt for leavinv her alone amongst their midst was kicking in.
"I promise."
She didn't bother to ask him why he needed to leave... cause honestly it was better for him if he did, he was loosing it there.
One of the men was at the door, he was shocked that Cane left.
She completed eating. Got out to the balcony and smoked....
She could see somebwolves working in the garden... they were intrigued... people were looking at her... like she grew two heads, she laughed at the nuance.
She knew the gossip mill too well.
Benjamin got outside and stood next to her.
The man was big.
"So you smoke...."
Anna laughed.
"What do you think?!"
Benjamin took a deep breath.  His wolf didn't like being disrespected in any way.. alpha wolves were known to that.
But he took a deep breath and said.
"Where did Cane go?"
"I don't know" She was calm looking at the aunset in the horizon, it's been a while since she enjoyed a moment. And she wasn't going to let him take away the joy.
Benjamin got a reign back on his wolf again. But what he said now shocked her the most.
"Thank you for doing this."
"Yeah, no problem." She said while taking the last sniff of her cigarette.
She didn't mean it in any way, she wanted to get out of here, she wanted to get back to her appartment and her concrete jungle.
But she didn't want in any way for this conversation to last longer than it should. So the short answer was well needed.
They both knew she didn't mean it.
Benjamin became more stiff next to her.
She turned and went back inside... she left him to his thoughts.
Anna went back to the room, she looked at the handsome man laying in that bed, her mate, an alpha. She sat in the chair, two other men were there....not that she noticed.
The dream of every girl in any pack is to be an alphas mate, a Luna... its the fairytales they tell them when they are young. But no it was no longer her dream.
She took a book out of her bag and sat.
The men stopped looking at her eventually.

Cane came back in the night just after dinner.... he seemed rejuvinated in a way... like the beast was satisfied...
She didn't know what would satisfy his beast... she didn't even want to ask him. She was happy for the guy.
He stood in his old place..

In 30 min Benjamin came barging in...
"What did you do?! Why didn't you inform us?"
"Why would i inform you, last time i checked we weren't that much of friends."
"Cane be sane in here. We are on the same side." Benjamin seemed exasperated.
"No we haven't been on the same side since a long time Benjamin."
"What you are going to keep a grudge... everyone voted on your traitory sentence... not just me... you couldn't seriously be holding me personaly accountable."
"Well i am Ben."
"Could you stop acting like a child."
Their voices were rising by ghe minute.
The doctor entered.
"Get out both of you, you can take this outside."
The men stopped and were going to the outside when the doctor looked at Cane like someone checking for visible injuries.
"Are you hurt?"
"No" he said that while getting out, the hostility was evident there.
The doctor didn't seem to care.
He checked the serum on the alphas hand.
"You knew what he went to do?"
"No"
"Really." The man thought she was lying through her teeth... yet he was still poised.
"What he did was brave but he should have informed the sons, he could have been killed and the lot that was with him wouldn't have cared."
"So the sons care more about him?"
Anna said calmly.
"Yes."
"Well Benjamin tortured him badly... is that an indication of care in your eyes doc?!"