Prologue

Seven years ago...

Hermione's POV

That's it. The war is over. It happened so quick... and yet, not quick enough. Harry, Ron, and I, along with some others, decided to go back to Hogwarts to finish our 7th year. Since we were hardly even at school last year, we didn't exactly get to learn much. This also meant that we would also be finishing our last year at Hogwarts with the sixth years from last year, meaning... Ginny!!!

We were invited over the summer to help with rebuilding, and we gladly accepted. We were willing to do anything to help out. With more people we were able to rebuild more quickly than planned, since we have magic, and everyone went back to school as scheduled. Now, here we are at headquarters for the Order of The Phoenix, getting ready to leave for Kings Cross Station.

"HURRY UP!! HARRY, RONALD, GINNY, LET'S GO! WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!" Molly Weasley yelled from next to me in the kitchen. She looked over at me and gave me her usual smile before speaking. "I'm so glad that at least you are always on time dear." Making sure to put an emphasis on the word 'you' as she said it. I gave a small chuckle at her statement, but that was it. The war changed me, a lot. I don't talk as much as I used to. In fact, before the war my friends could never get me to shut up. Not anymore though. Now you actually have to ask for my opinion, rather than me give it to you without question.

"COMING MUM!!" I hear Ginny yell from upstairs. A few moments later they all walked into the kitchen greeting Mrs. Weasley and I.

"Yes, yes. Good morning, good morning. Now hurry up, grab your trunks, let's go. You're going to be late!" She rushed us. We all grabbed our trunks and headed out the door shouting goodbye to Mr. Weasley as we went.

Time skip >>>
Kings Cross Station

As we arrive onto the platform, Mrs. Weasley gives us all a hug, and told us goodbye as she had somewhere else she needed to be. As she rushed back through the portal, we all waved at her. As I turned around to start walking to towards the train, I immediately ran into someone and fell over. 

Of course, just my luck, I thought as I looked up to see just who I had run into. I immediately regretted it. Or so I thought.

"Hey, you alright Hermione?" I stared at him. Did... he just call me... Hermione?

"Hey! You okay?" He asked once again, as he held out his hand to help me up, snapping me out of my trance.

"Hey. Yeah, sorry. I should've been looking where I was going," I said, taking his hand to get up. As he pulled me up, I tripped and fell, this time into his chest. He caught me, his arm around my waist to keep in place.

"Careful." He said softly.  Why am I such a klutz? This is way too close. Get off of him Hermione. I pushed myself away from him gently. As I looked up, I looked straight into his eyes. His grey-blue eyes, looking straight into my brown ones, and for some reason, I saw a glint of happiness in his eyes. There was no signature Malfoy smirk on his face. That's right. Draco Malfoy. Is it just me, or did he get hotter? WHAT!?!? No Hermione, get it out of your head, this is Malfoy we're talking about. I shook my head to break me out of my thoughts.

"Ehem," I cleared my throat as I broke eye contact, and stepped back a step as he let go of me.

"Wait, did you just call me Hermione?"