Decisions

Author's note: This chapter is probably going to be mostly in Astoria and Draco's POVs, and once you read you'll understand why. I hope you guys enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Astoria's POV

<<<Time skip>>>

45 minutes later

This was almost too much to take in. After Harry explained everything, I walked away. I walked up to the top lounge deck, to clear my head. They had decided to leave me alone, which I'm grateful for, except to update me on Hermione's condition, which I'm also grateful for. She would be fine, thankfully, and only needed to get some oxygen into her system. Luckily, Pansy knew Luna was a healer, and searched for her first. She had already woke up once, and just needed to be left alone to rest. I'll admit I worried about her. How could I not be? She's one of the kindest people I know. I knew something was off immediately after they arrived, there was a tension in the air once Draco's name was mentioned.

"Tori?" I heard from behind me. I hummed in response as I turned from leaning on the railing just enough to see that it was Draco behind me. I hadn't heard him come up the stairs, I was so in my head. 

"Are you okay?" He asked. "You've been up here for nearly an hour." He stated as he walked to stand next to me.

"I hadn't realized." I stated quietly, turning back, and I heard him sigh lightly. 

"I want to ask you something," I said looking at him. "And I want you to be 100% honest with me." He looked me in the eyes and nodded, as if to tell me to go ahead.

"Do you still love her?"

Draco's POV

"Do you still love her?" She asked, almost emotionless. I turned to lean on the railing with my head down. I could feel her eyes burning into me as she waited for me to respond. I couldn't bring myself to look at her. Everything about this is so wrong. It's not fair to anyone. I could feel the tears burning in my eyes. I didn't want to hurt Astoria. She's so kind, and she's an amazing friend.

"Draco," she spoke softly. "I won't be mad. I wouldn't have asked you if I didn't think I could handle the answer." She chuckled softly. I sniffled, looking up at her, tears threatening to fall. As soon as she saw my face, her small smile fell. 

"I'm sorry." That was all I could bring myself to say. She looked heartbroken. But not for herself.

"Oh, Draco," she started, bringing me into a hug. "Why are you apologizing, Love? And why are you crying?" She asked. I held her back, crying into her shoulder.

"I don't want to hurt you the way I hurt her." I mumbled, and she chuckled lightly, pulling away from the hug, wiping my tears. I looked at her confused.

"Draco, in order to hurt someone the way you hurt Hermione, they have to be so in love with you that it physically pains them to not be near you," she spoke softly. "And I think you and I both know that's not the way I feel about you." I was shocked. This is not a conversation I ever thought I would be having with her.