The start of something new, or old?

Hermione's POV

As we broke away from the kiss, he held me close. Like he was scared that if he let me go, I might disappear. I looked into his eyes and all I could see was pure love and adoration. It was the same look I used to see in his eyes when we were together.

When we were together...

My eyes widened slightly at the realization of what just occurred and I tried to take a step back, but he held me tight. I didn't have a choice but to stay in his arms. He was staring at me so deeply, like I was the only thing in the world.

"I know exactly what's going through that brilliant head of yours," he spoke in a whisper, while brushing a piece of hair behind my ear. 

"I don't want you to overthink about this, okay?" He asked softly. "We'll figure it out later. But for now, we all have to go downstairs and talk to the rest of our friends." 

I nodded, not knowing what to say, and he slowly let go of me.

Astoria's POV

Watching the two of them together made my heart swell with happiness. I never thought I had met two people that were that perfect for each other, until now. Or that it was possible for Draco look that happy. Like he was holding the world in his arms. And in that moment, he was. He was holding his world, his heart, his future, in his arms.

"As cute as the two of you are together," Ginny started. "I think we should probably head back downstairs before the others come looking."

"I agree. The sooner we tell everyone, the sooner you two can work things out. And the sooner you work things out, the better." Blaise added.

"And why's that, Darling?" I asked looking at him.

"Because then, I get you back, and I don't have to deal with my mother's constant trying to set me up with someone else."

"Oh. Well in that case, I agree. Let's go." I spoke quickly, grabbing Blaise by the wrist and I began walking to the stairs. 

"Alright, we're coming." I hear Draco reply with a chuckle, as well as a quiet giggle from Hermione and Ginny.

Hermione's POV

We watch as Astoria practically skips away, dragging Blaise behind her, and all we can do is laugh.

"Wow. I don't think I've seen anyone that happy to get away from you in years, Malfoy." Ginny states jokingly with a chuckle, and Draco rolls his eyes with a small smile.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever, Weaslette." He jokes back, as we all began to follow behind Astoria and Blaise down the stairs to the lower lounge deck. I glanced between the two with a smile. It was great to have them joking together like they used to. Despite what people on the outside might think, Ginny and Draco were quite close while we were together. She even told me it felt as if she had gained another brother. Eventually, Draco had become pretty close friends with Harry and Ron as well, and they were quite their own trio of trouble. Even if it was only a year that we were together, he made an impact on more than just me. And seeing the two of them joking together the way they used to, gave me reassurance that everything was going to be okay.