The Loop-hole

TW: mentions of panic attacks, but not in detail

Hermione's POV

"You can't leave yet, Mione." I heard someone tell me. I wasn't paying too much attention to who it was, as I was too busy packing my stuff.

"Yes, I can, thank you very much. We're close enough to land, I can still apparate. And I'm not staying on this boat after what just happened."

"Yes, you are," Pansy said as she appeared in the doorway. "Astoria wants to talk to you." I swear my blood would've ran cold, had she not continued speaking.

"She asked me to tell you she wants to speak with you, and she made it clear that she wasn't mad at you. In fact, she even said she was more worried about you than anything else at the moment." I was shocked, to say the least. She's more worried about me? I just told her I was in love with her fiancée, and she's worried about me?

"Okay." I replied quietly. "But I want Ginny to come with me. She's the only one who's been able to keep me from having panic attacks, and I'd rather not have another one tonight." She nodded.

"Top lounge deck." Was all she replied with.

Draco's POV

I was nervous. So nervous I was pacing, and I think it was finally getting on Astoria's nerves.

"Stop it."

"I can't help it, Tori. I'm nervous." She just rolled her eyes at me, and I went back to pacing.

"Keep pacing like that, and you'll burn a hole in the deck. I don't think Astoria would appreciate that very much." I heard her say from the stairs, and I immediately turned around.

"Hey," I spoke gently. "Are you okay now? You had everyone a bit worried earlier."

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay," she started with a small smile, before turning to Astoria. "Pansy said you wanted to talk to me?" She sounded almost hesitant.

"No need to be worried, Mione," she laughed lightly. "I'm not mad. In fact, I'm glad I know the truth now." Hermione gave her a confused look, before I jumped in.

"I told her," I started, and Hermione turned towards me. "Everything. From beginning to end." 

I walked over to her slowly. I didn't want to scare her.

"Everything? What do you mean?" Ginny asked. That's when I noticed her standing behind Hermione. She must have noticed my realization of her presence, as she spoke.

"Mione asked me to come with her. In case she had another panic attack." I looked at Hermione, as I was now directly in front of her, about a foot away. She was looking down at her feet. I stepped up to her, gently lifting her head to look at me. 

"Everything, as in from the day we started dating, to the day it ended, and everything in between." I spoke, looking directly into her eyes. 

"And we found a bit of a loop-hole in the contract." Astoria stated, and Hermione looked at her in surprise.

"A what? I'm not sure I'm following. What are you saying?"