09💗

Ella walked into the ED and smiled as she saw Kenzie. She was rubbing her baby bump. "Hey. Are you okay?" She asked.

Kenzie nodded and sighed. "Iain. He's shutting me out again. And I'm scared. Scared that I'm going to lose him," she said.

Ella took her hand and smiled. "You're not going to lose him. You're having a baby together. Okay? And I know it all seems like it's going wrong at the moment. But it's all going to be okay. I promise."

Kenzie smiled slightly. She looked at her. "Have you talked to Cal? I know you're madly in love with him," she said as she took a sip of her hot chocolate.

"I don't know. It's all a mess right now and I don't know if I can put myself through the complications of Caleb Knight. He broke my heart and I don't think I can forgive him," Ella said.

"But if you have a chance at happiness, shouldn't you take it?"

"When did you get wise?"

Kenzie shrugged. "Since I found out I'm bringing a human into the world," she said as she looked at her.

***
Ella looked up as Cal walked towards her. He sighed. "Do you plan on forgiving me at some point? Or even talking to me?" He asked.

Ella shrugged. "I don't know. What do you think?"

"That you're going to avoid me forever. Which I think is insane," Cal said as he looked at her.

Ella rolled her eyes. "Oh go away. Go find the nurse you screwed. I'm sure the on call room is missing your ass."

Cal smirked. "Well why don't you come with me? You could see my ass."

"I'd rather go ten rounds with a spewing baby."

***
Ella knew she was being too harsh on Cal. But she hated how he had broken her heart. She looked up as she saw Iain. He smiled. "How's it going?"

"I'm okay. What's going on with you and my sister? She seems miserable and she doesn't need it while she's pregnant," Ella said.

"I know. I just don't feel myself."

Ella smiled. "Talk to her. Okay? You both love each other. And you're not complicated. So make it work," she told him.

Iain walked off just as Cal walked over to her. He smirked. "Giving Iain love advice. When you can't even make us work?" He asked.

Ella rolled her eyes. "Go away. Your presence is irritating me," she told him.

Cal smirked. "Oh come on Ella. Just give in. I know you want me. So I don't see why you're fighting it. Just stop fighting it."

"I'll keep fighting it. Because I happen to think you're an annoying little twit," she told him.

***
The shift soon came to an end. Ella left the changing room and sighed as Cal was waiting for her. "Can you not take a hint? Leave me alone," she said.

Cal looked into her eyes. He smirked. "Thats not going to happen at all. I'm not giving up until I have you again. I don't see why you're fighting it."

Ella scoffed and walked off. But with Cal becoming more persistent, how long until she gave into him?