019💗

Ella hated how her mum was trying to get out of telling them the truth. She knew she was keeping something from them. And she wasn't going to let it lie.

Ella hated how people lied to her. She knew that it couldn't have been as bad as they were thinking. She hated thinking her mum couldn't open up to her.

Ella knew she was going to get the truth one way or another. No matter what it took. No matter how long it took.

When morning came, Ella woke in bed. She saw Cal running in. "Woah. What happened?" She asked.

"Kenzie went into labour. She and Iain are in the hospital now. Your mum is there too," Cal told her.

Ella jumped out of bed. She quickly grabbed her clothes from off the floor. Cal smirked. "Never seen you this keen to get yo work," he said.

"I'm having a niece. I have to be there. Plus I'm going to get the truth out of my mum. One way or another," Ella said as she smiled.

Cal nodded and kissed her. He smiled. "You're going to to be okay. You're going to have a tiny tot to cuddle."

Ella grinned and nodded. "Let's go."

***
Ella arrived at the hospital. She saw her mum. "Where's Kenzie?" She asked.

"In the maternity ward. You didn't think she would be giving birth in the ED did you?" Claire said.

Ella rolled her eyes and smiled. "No. You and I need to talk. I want the truth about why you and Charlie are off whispering in corners."

Claire sighed. "It doesn't matter. Not at the moment. Kenzie needs us,"  she said.

Ella again rolled her eyes. "Mother. I know you're keeping something from me. And I want to know. You cannot keep secrets. Especially if we're trying to make this family work."

Claire said nothing as she walked off. Ella stood there and groaned. She was getting sick and tired of the secrets and lies.

***
Ella smiled as she saw Kenzie. "Hey. How you feeling?" She asked.

"Like a watermelon is about to squeeze out of me. I can't do this. I don't want to do this," Kenzie mumbled.

Ella smirked. "You'll be okay. You've got a baby to look forward to. A beautiful baby girl," she said.

"I don't have a name for her," Kenzie sobbed.

"It'll come to you. Where's Iain?"

"McDonalds. He's feeding me."

Ella nodded. She smiled. "I'm going to tell mum she needs to tell us the truth today. I know you're about to have a baby. But she needs to tell us," she said.

"Okay."

***
Ella stood by reception. She felt Cal wrap his arms around her waist. "All this baby talk. Makes me want one," he said.

Ella rolled her eyes. "We're having one you donut."

Cal smirked. "Just testing you."

The two of them kissed. Cal's hand slipped into her trousers. She shook her head. "No. Not happening. I'm working," she said.

Cal smirked and walked off. Ella smiled knowing how much she wanted it to work with them.

***
Ella sat holding her newborn niece. Claire walked in and sighed. "Okay. I'm going to tell you the truth. It's Charlie. He's your father," she said.

Ella looked to her in shock. But was there more to it than what met the eye?