Chapter 11 : And So The Battle Begins!

The battle of the five armies begins!

Start of recap...[Gandalf:] “Were-worms!”

At the spur of the mountain where the rumbling is coming from, massive worms, hundreds of feet long and dozens of feet thick, break through the rocks.

Their mouths are essentially giant drilling machines, strong enough to crush the toughest rocks in their jaws.

The human, Elf, and dwarf armies look on in shock.

[Dain:] “Oh, come on!”

"Aye, the Dwarf said it"  mutters Calen as she reaches for her sword at her side.

The worms suddenly retreat into the tunnels they’d made through the mountains approaching the Lonely Mountain.

As the mist clears, we see Azog and a few other Orcs standing atop a hill. Behind them are several massive contraptions made of wood, rope, and cloth, meant as signalling devices.

"Well then everyone, welcome to the end times!" Calen spoke staring right into the face of Azog.

End of recap...

Third person pov...

[Azog:] “_ _ _” [Come forth my Armies!]

As Azog gives a sign, one of the wooden structures opens up in a particular position, and a horn sounds.

Immediately, legions of Orcs begin pouring out of the were-worm tunnels.

Calen stares in shock and horror

"Bloody hell! And I thought it looked bad on TV but this is madness" she cried

[Dain:] “The hordes of hell are upon us! To battle! To battle, sons of Durin!”

Dain and part of his army turn and rush toward the oncoming Orcs.

[Fili:] “I’m going over the wall! Who’s coming with me?”

The other dwarves cheer and agree, preparing to climb down.

[Thorin:] “Stand down!”

[Dwarf:] “What?”

[Fili:] “Are we to do nothing?”

[Thorin:] “I said STAND DOWN!”

As Thorin walks away, the other look on in shock and surprise.

Meanwhile, as Dain and a company of his dwarves rush toward the oncoming Orcs, the Elves stay right where they are. The dwarves are clearly outnumbered by the Orcs.

[Bilbo:] “The elves, will they not fight?”

[Gandalf:] “Thranduil! This is madness!”

"Mithrandir is correct" said the Elfling, she hand her sword out getting ready to cut down any Orc.

Thranduil looks back at the Iron Hills dwarves, who have stopped and built a shield wall with their massive spears pointed outward, lead by the chants of the leader.