two, wizards still argued. (rewritten)

rewritten.

𝗐𝗂𝗓𝖺𝗋𝖽𝗌 𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗮𝗿𝗴𝘂𝗲𝗱

ॱ० ❛♛ ॱॱ ✦ॱ ॰ॱ ໌ ॑ ०ॱ໋ ✸ ✦࡞ ॱ❜ ✶०ॱ ✩♚໋ॱ

"THANK THE ETHER YOU'RE HERE," Merlin stated, his wooden chest floated beside him as he leaned over the balcony. "We haven't a moment to waste. Though, I had hoped for more, Hisirdoux. I expected an 'old bastard' from at least two of you."

"We tried! 'Couldn't find the changelings," Douxie responded, in defense, with a sheepish shrug, "or aliens. Or the other casters."

"Aliens probably only stayed for a good vacation." Natrix winced, watching the giddy boys of the teenagers find themselves in excitement over the simple magic present in the room.

As some of the children introduced themselves, Merlin descended the stairs, organizing books. Ris only watched the rest of the party exchange statements and banter, fidgeting with the emerald pendant on her necklace. Merlin never cared to mention the dangers ahead. If he demanded for the Volume of the Celestials, then this must've been bad. She stayed silent watching the others converse.

"Are you sure you want to count on these... children?" Douxie tried to argue, following Merlin as the Master Wizard reached for book after book, relic after relic. "They're clearly not ready for this!"

"Well, excuse me, college dude!" The blond fool argued back. "Us 'children' fought off a fifty-foot extraterrestrial! Agh—"

Everyone only watched as one of the armor sets tried to grab its helm off Steve and Toby trying to wrestle it off as well. They really weren't coming off as ready.

Annie told them to shut up. They didn't.

Ris watched Natrix facepalm as Merlin rolled his eyes, Douxie seeming uncomfortable watching the teens try to beat up the armor stand. The scene was soon followed by Douxie continuing on, trying to convince Merlin he was ready for this mission.

Natrix and Ris only exchanged worried glances. They knew how much the Blue Boy would do to earn his master's validation. Nights without sleep and hours upon hours of studying would occur when the three were back in Camelot. Even as teenagers, Douxie had to deal with the scorned mentor. It rattled the two dark mages, seeing their friend keep on with this behavior.

And then Merlin silenced the room, barely flailing his arms in desperation. Trinkets rattled on shelves. Haunted paintings showed their true colors. Clocks ticked and alarmed without warning. The lights flickered and shut. A new presence affected the stability of this new world construction and Merlin despised it.

The old wizard glowered. "Something wicked this way comes."

"The window," Natrix scoffed, giving Douxie a dirty look, with Douxie responding with an offended expression, in return for the accusation. "They're back."