eight, new friends in the length of days seven.

𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌 𝗶𝗻 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗅𝖾𝗇𝗀𝗍𝗁 𝗈𝖿 𝖽𝖺𝗒𝗌 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇

𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌 𝗶𝗻
𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗅𝖾𝗇𝗀𝗍𝗁 𝗈𝖿 𝖽𝖺𝗒𝗌 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇.

ॱ० ❛♛ ॱॱ ✦ॱ ॰ॱ ໌ ॑ ०ॱ໋ ✸ ✦࡞ ॱ❜ ✶०ॱ ✩♚໋ॱ

ON CLEAR NIGHTS LIKE THIS, Guinevere would take a walk around the now serene castle. The quietude and dimly lit halls felt different and enjoyable compared to the hectic days. She'd watch the castle spellcasters work and work, she'd listen to dear Arthur go on about war strategies, she'd visit the woods in secret as if she were a child once again, escaping the reality that was the kingdom of Camelot.

The Queen wore a lavender nightgown, the angel sleeves reaching her wrists, along with a golden shawl draped around her shoulders. She smiled as she found herself by the windows of the upper hallways. One could see the moonlight glimmering through the glass and the placid darkness blanketing the sky.

"Mother? Mother!"

Cries of fear could be heard in the hallway, the source coming from her own daughter's bedroom. The night would soon rise to morning... yet a good night's sleep isn't always expected, frankly. Not even in the serenity of the witching hours.

"Cherith, my love?" Guinevere softly spoke as she opened the door of the dimly lit bedroom, finding her daughter covered in blankets, in an attempt to hide. "My darling, what troubles you at ths hour?"

"Mother!" The tiny Cherith uncovered herself from the masses of sheets and covers, soon running into her mother's arms. "Mother, I had a dream! A really bad night dream!"

Guinevere wiped the tears pricking in her eyes after yawning slightly, picking up the young princess and holding the blue-eyed girl in her arms. "A nightmare?" The mother suggested.

"I was searching the whole castle! And... and I couldn't find you! You weren't there!"

Ruefully, Guinevere smiled, holding her daughter close as she coaxed her. Bad dreams seemed to frequent the child, from the Prophesier's words to the curses laying ahead of the princess' future being revelation to the royals — terrorizing revelation, of course. Cherith was never aware of such omens, but others were, and others were afraid.

Not Guinevere. She wasn't afraid. She had hope, and hope was enough to ease others.

"Now, now, Cher..." She sat herself down, having the young heir seated on her lap. From the nightstand, she took a storybook — Tales of Heavenly Walkers, Sir Monoceros — often read to her children, as read to her by her own mother of Leodegrance and so on. Old songs, prose, and hymns were scattered throughout the book, and she found Cherith to enjoy these things.