three, the past's toil still hasn't a home. (rewritten)

rewritten.

𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗉𝖺𝗌𝗍'𝗌 𝗍𝗈𝗂𝗅𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗁𝖺𝗌𝗇'𝗍 𝖺 𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲

𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗉𝖺𝗌𝗍'𝗌 𝗍𝗈𝗂𝗅
𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗁𝖺𝗌𝗇'𝗍 𝖺 𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲.

ॱ० ❛♛ ॱॱ ✦ॱ ॰ॱ ໌ ॑ ०ॱ໋ ✸ ✦࡞ ॱ❜ ✶०ॱ ✩♚໋ॱ

RUN, she said. Get away from the knights, she said. She didn't scream. She wasn't dipped in anger. She wasn't livid in fury. She didn't sink in defeat or let out a sob. Her first instinct was to tell the young, seven-year-old specter to run.

The little one couldn't stop the scene from repeating vividly in her head, over and over again.

Every little detail that the little girl took note of just replayed in her poor mind, again and again. The way how everything fell. The way the silver blade pierced through the flower's chest. The way the teen's response was just too serious, too haunting. The way the white cloth of her shirt was stained with blood as the blade went right through. The way scarlet tainted her skin, the ends of her pink hair.

Father wasn't there to fight and help protect her. Mamá wasn't there to explain what was going on. She didn't even have any friends around this new kingdom.

The small specter was in a haunting solitude, one she loathed, one she couldn't comprehend as she tried to run. She was too exhausted - she couldn't take whatever she had in hand and retaliate. Her magic had already been muted. The poor girl felt helpless, hopeless, as she ran and ran.

Camelot was a curse.

The clematis flower had withered.

"Tristabelle?"

Cerulean eyes met with the specter's own violet. There she was, that brash blonde Ris knew in centuries past.

"You're really here..." The blonde questioned out loud, trying to take in what she was seeing. In awe, she laughed. "I thought Merlin was kidding."

Clematis was supposed to be gone. Clematis was supposed to be dead. She fell during the fall of the specter's bloodline and parents' work. Ris was too young, too inexperienced to be able to do anything - she was powerless, at the time. All that fear and shock was even forgotten out of coping when she was in servitude and when in her apprenticeship with Morgana; she couldn't even remember without outer guidance.

Without question, without afterthought, the specter found herself already being wrapped in a hug by the blonde. She returned it, burying her face in Clematis' shoulder, feeling the crisp, pink material of the flower's bomber jacket wrinkling on her skin.

Too many questions rushed into both of their minds.

"Tristabelle, I'd recognize you anywhere!" Clematis went on, releasing the hug. She still held onto the specter as she spoke. "By Fairweather's Grace, I thought you were gone! I didn't even try to believe Merlin; I guess he was right for once... Vespera's upstairs, in Merlin's tower. She already greeted you a few days ago, of course— " She trailed on.