nine, a sapphire and emeraldine curiousness.

✧ — it's sept20, aka ris' birthday!! ;]

𝖺 𝗌𝖺𝗉𝗉𝗁𝗋𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖾𝗆𝖾𝗋𝖺𝗅𝖽𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗰𝘂𝗿𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀

𝖺 𝗌𝖺𝗉𝗉𝗁𝗋𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽
𝖾𝗆𝖾𝗋𝖺𝗅𝖽𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗰𝘂𝗿𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀.

ॱ०      ❛♛       ॱॱ     ✦ॱ           ॰ॱ      ໌ ॑         ०ॱ໋        ✸  ✦࡞        ॱ❜    ✶०ॱ   ✩♚໋ॱ

THERE WAS A FINE ART when it came to a deadly curiosity. At least, that was how some could romanticize it. And such fine art was possessed by two young lads roaming the castle during their free time.

Hisirdoux Casperan met Natrix Cai, a hidden shapeshifter and witch, about two years ago when he was milking the Slorr for the second time in his life, ever. He didn't have the best technique, and Natrix reluctantly helped the moppet as they passed by to clean the stables, as they were a servant boy themself. After that, the two became inseparable by code, and even if Natrix acted as if they hated the moppet more than everything, some could say it was just masked endearment.

Currently, this curious pair got stuck hiding on a balcony in the royal hall, stuck watching a possible execution. They didn't enjoy these executions. They were only here because they saw the poppet being brought to one. The poppet, as Morgana dubbed her, was the High Lady Sorceress' apprentice. She was ever so quiet, ever so dreary. Douxie expressed his aspirations to lift her spirits, somehow. It was pretty much his job, anyway. He lifted Natrix's spirits. Why not the poppet's?

As quiet as mice, they shrunk behind the balcony railing. The poppet protected the victim Troll as His Majesty scolded the creature's presence. For that, Natrix already liked her. Douxie gave them a small "I told you so" before continuing to watch the trial by the throne. The Troll, although locked away, escaped the King's gaze alive.

What was it about this poppet girl that had the King somewhat swayed? Even if it was just a little different from imprisonment to death by sentence, there was still a difference.  The two boys watched the poppet follow Morgana away from the throne room. The blonde second heir soon followed when her royal father dismissed the council.

Unfortunately, the two couldn't watch any longer. If they tried, then, surely, their masters would find and scold them both. Natrix's master was the head of the kitchens, a stark contrast to Douxie being under the wing of the Head Advisor. But, nevertheless, both heads were masters, and both masters were a bit ruthless. Douxie had about an hour before his next lessons started, so he followed the shapeshifter down to their next assignment, cleaning the floors and windows of the East tower.

The moppet sat on one of the benches in the tower. "Why do you think the princess followed her?" He asked, opening his spellbook and notes.

"Don't know. The princess always tries to make friends with everyone. it's hard to maintain friendships when you're stuck alone with your duties," replied Natrix. They opened the windows, reaching out of one to have a small raven land on their forearm. They chittered, and the raven chittered back.