chapter 19

Chaeyoung's POV

I'm about to loose my mind. Gosh! It's examination day and I can't pull myself together! I said to myself. This past two days I don't know if the worst or the best day of my life. I shouldn't read that article!

Flashback

It's tomorrow morning. I looked at my phone and check if I got any text or call. I saw a text from Jennie, Nayeon and Loren. I looked at Jennie's text.

Jennie: did you get home safe? Reply once you read this.

Me: I got home safe. See you at school.

After I replied to Jennie, I looked at Nayeon's message.

Nayeon: how's your date? Tell me everything.

Me: nothing especial, and it's not a date. See you at school.

I shake my head because of her text. After I replied, I read Loren's text.

Loren: hi Chaeyoung, hope to see you tomorrow.

I didn't reply to his text. I don't know, I don't have the feeling that I should text back. I keep checking and when there's no other text message. I let a deep sigh. Why am I expecting call or text from her? I mean it's not like she needs to, I'm just curious. I tossed my phone to my bed and went to bathroom to get ready.

"Chaeng, eat breakfast first." Mom said. I don't have time to eat breakfast so I hurried to our door. "Not now Mom. I'm running late for school." I said then went outside.

I'm waiting for the bus to arrive. I plugged in my earphone and started to play my playlist. When the bus arrives I get in then find a seat.

I'm almost at school bus stop when I saw Jisoo walking. I open the window of the bus then called her out. "Kim Jisoo!" I shouted then waved my hand happily. I don't know but I'm excited to see her today. I excitedly get off the bus when it's stop. I saw Jisoo standing near the bus stop so I went after her.

"You look happy today." She said. I smiled at her "is that a bad news?" I said playfully. She walked past me. I'm starting to get confused. I walked faster to reach her. "Are you mad at me?" I asked. I don't know what I did, but she seems off today. "Why would I be mad at you?", She asked in her serious tone. I know she's mad at me or something, she stop talking to me with her serious and cold tone, since she's using it again, I know she's mad or upset.

"Did I do something wrong? You're with your serious tone again." I said sound worried. She stop on her track. She looked at me. "I'm not mad at you." She said back to her calm voice. "Don't be mad at me." I said while pouting. I don't know what's gotten into me, I'm not used of this but when it comes to her, I feel like I'm used to this. "Stop pouting. I'm not mad at you." She said.

We started to walked again. "How's your date yesterday?" She asked in bitter tone. I looked at her. "Why does it feel like you don't like the idea of me having a date?" I teased her. She look at me with her famous straight face. "Don't answer." She said then walked faster. I chased after her. "Come on Jisoo, I'm just kidding. I don't want you to feel jealous." I teased her again. I don't know where I get this confidence but right now, it's fun to tease her.

She look at me with surprise "I'm not jealous." She said in defensive tone. "It's okay. I understand." I said then pat her head. I'm taller than her. She grabbed my hand then put it down. She look straight to my eyes. She pulled my hand that she's holding towards her, so it makes me lean closer to her. "I'm not jealous." She said. I think I stop breathing for a moment. I can feel my heart beating so fast.