BROWN

"Brown, no offence, but can you hurry up and finish calibrating the distributor? All you have to do is to click the 3 nodes in place! What's so hard about that?" Purple grumbles impatiently.

Very hard, I think, very hard indeed. My reaction time is really, really bad... and it's always the final node which gets me. I always press the button for that node too early...

This is, like, Trial 20 or something. I have to concentrate... (as you can see, I am a noob at this task because I mostly play in MIRA HQ or on Polus where this task is absent... oof.)

Click. The first node is in place...

Click. The second node is also in place...

However, this time, I decide to let the final node spin around the ring in one full circle first before I press the button to click it in place (for more assured accuracy).

While I watch the final node spin in a circle, I feel a sense of uneasiness crawling up my spine. Somehow, I feel like I'm being... watched. Whipping my head around, I see that Purple is still looking along the hallway as a watch-out for me. Despite that, there is still a nagging feeling of wariness in me...

That is when my instincts kick in and I face the vent in Electrical. However, there is no one watching me and the uneasy feeling is going away...

Approaching the vent, I peek inside.

Hmm. No one in there. Maybe the pair of eyes that was watching me was just a figment of my imagination because I am getting jumpy. For a place which literally controls the lights in this ship, Electrical is ironically a rather dark place...

"Brown, are you done? Black is bound to come for us soon and we shouldn't be here when that happens!" Purple's rather snappish voice shakes me out of my thoughts.

"Right, right..." I mutter.

My new task buddy has been bringing up the subject of Black very often since the first meeting... and she has been saying (in rather hushed tones, as if she would be able to overhear our conversations if she were a tad louder) that she is extremely certain that she is An Impostor...

To be honest, yes, she does sound a little crazy when she mentions her. However, from the scared tone of her voice when she utters her name, I sense that she may be right... but anyway.

Enough conjectures about who the Impostors may be. Time to stop thinking about who they are and actually focus on what I can control - my tasks.

Returning to my task, I click the final node in place and the distributor makes a pleasant sound, signifying that I have finished the task.

"Oh, finally!" Purple claps her hands together. "Now, we can finally switch places! Help me to look out for Black and Blue... especially Black! She's killed off too many of our crew already. The moment you see her, just scream."

"Got it," I reply as I stroll leisurely towards the entrance of Electrical.

There's probably going to be no one. Black and Blue are probably still in Security and I don't think that Pink's gang is near here at all... but I am just going to watch out for Black anyway. Can't be too careful, right?

I am about to slump against the wall next to me when my ears suddenly perk up upon hearing the extremely soft padding of footsteps to my right. Frowning, I step out of Electrical and see... Black striding towards me?

Immediately, I tense up. This is literally the person who got my buddy Red voted out last round! She had insinuated that Red was sus, which made me fear for my own life... because not only was I at risk of being sussed by other people but I would also be alone. Vulnerable. An easy target for the Impostors to prey on for the rest of the game.