Wish I Knew

Y/N's POV

I've been home for about a year now, but I still have amnesia. My parents have explained what happened to me, and they have been trying to help bring back my memories. They've tried pictures, videos, etc. Anything that they can find really.

I also spend time with my siblings. It took a while to adjust to their current ages, and the newest additions that I couldn't remember, but they were all goofballs just like me. I felt bad that I couldn't remember things while I was around them, so I always tried to ask my parents for help.

To avoid being overwhelmed, we take breaks and watch movies or they let me read a book. I don't really like being on my phone because I can't completely remember how to work it. However, I've learned a bit about the people from my home and lock screen.

My lock screen was apparently my sister, Dinah.

Dinah calls my- uh our parents to check in sometimes, but I don't really speak to her because I don't know what to say.

My home screen was apparently my girlfriend, Kehlani.

I haven't seen her at all since I woke up. Sometimes I wonder if how close we really were if she didn't even bother to come check up on me. I've looked her up a couple of times on the internet to see what she was up to, and I just assumed that maybe she was busy. Since I don't remember anything about the dynamics of our relationship, I won't try to reach out and possibly cause an issue for myself later on.

Two of my friends come to visit me quite often, Ashley and China. I remembered enough about Ashley from when we were younger to know that I was comfortable sharing things with her, so I've been ranting to her whenever I get the chance to. She also brings music related things for us to mess around with. I can tell she has a really deep connection to it, and I feel things when I play or listen to it as well.

I didn't remember much about China, but there was something about her energy that made me want to be friends with her regardless. I'm pretty sure that was exactly how I felt when we first met.

My mom explained that we were going to Dinah's concert tonight. I was really excited. Apparently, I knew her bandmates before they were put in a group together. I've done my research on their X Factor journey since I would often get bored at home while my siblings were at school or practices. I knew almost immediately that I had a special bond with Lauren. Our personalities were so compatible. All of the girls seemed so fun to be around, I really wish I could remember the time I spent with them.

The show was amazing. I found myself singing along to the songs that I've recently come to know.

By the time the show was over, I was nervous. We were going backstage to talk to everyone. Nobody had really seen me since I've been out of the hospital either. I was playing with Seth, when I heard the door open. Seth ran to mom in his silly little way of pretending to be shy. I'm not sure what happened after that because in a blink of an eye I was stuck in a very interesting group hug. It was actually really nice, considering how nervous I was. When they pulled away, Lauren stayed close to me, and kept her arm around my shoulder.

Something about this contact with her made me turn to give her a hug. She froze for a minute, but very quickly returned the affection. I heard some faint 'awws' in the background, but I didn't care.

"Ay, it's so good to see you my little slugger." She whispered into my hair before she pulled back from the hug. "You feeling ok?" She asked while checking both of my eyes.

I nodded before fully pulling away. "Thank you. I needed that." I smiled.

She nodded before ruffling my hair, which we both giggled at. I then fell into very easy conversations with all of the girls. They were all very conscious about not bringing up things I wouldn't remember, but I assured them that it was fine and stories would actually help. Somehow that turned into all of the embarrassing stories they could think of, but I was really enjoying the energy that they were all radiating. It's hard to believe that they just performed a whole show.

In the corner of my eye, I could see my older sister attempting to occupy herself with her phone. I felt bad. I really do, but I can't help what's going on in my brain.

-

Soon it was time to let the girls get on their tour bus to head to their next stop, and to no surprise Dinah and I were left outside the tour bus alone. Alone means that I could see faces smooshed against the tinted bus windows and our parents' car doors were still open.

"Angel I-"

"Dinah, I'm sorry. I know this can't be easy for you. I know how close we were, but I'm just not familiar with 'my famous sister Dinah' just yet."

She smiled and nodded, but I could see the pain in her eyes. I reached out to hug her because I don't want her to leave without one. It turned out to be one of those really cute hugs, where we were swaying back and forth. Then Dinah started singing.

I miss you, like everyday

Wanna be with you, but you're away

Said I miss you, missing you insane

But if I got with you, could it feel the same

And that's when I got a head splitting headache.

Everything came back, and it was incredibly painful on so many levels. I remember everything. My fall. Kehlani. The last conversation I had with Dinah.

The last conversation I had before my fall...

"Angel?"

We had already let go of our embrace, and all I could do was let the tears pool in my eyes.

"Get away from me." I mumbled.

And, for now, I meant it.

"Angel what do you mea-" Dinah frowned.

"I said get away from me!" I groaned before running over to our parents' car and closing the door.

Once my parents turned to see the tears in my eyes they immediately questioned me. All I could do was mutter that I remember everything. I didn't full on cry or sob because Seth was sleeping, but I also didn't see any point in wasting my energy for that.

------------------------------

Going to apologize profusely because the ending of this book has apparently been done this whole time...and I've already started the sequel so...sorry.